Lowering - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lowering
Sunday, April 10, 2011 9:58 PM
Ok im just gathering information:
Once i pay off the car i wanna lower my car around 1.5" maybe 2"

I don't want coil overs or any thing to adjust i am just going to drive the car not race it. what band of shocks/struts should i be looking at and what are some good springs to buy?

Re: Lowering
Sunday, April 10, 2011 10:11 PM
Tokico D-Specs - struts/shocks
Eibach Sportlines - springs

Sunday, April 10, 2011 10:29 PM
ChevyBoi89 wrote:Tokico D-Specs - struts/shocks

i don't need adjustments

Sunday, April 10, 2011 10:50 PM
LarryMartin830(now with 00z24) wrote:
ChevyBoi89 wrote:Tokico D-Specs - struts/shocks

i don't need adjustments

Your sorta stuck with them. Tokico D-Specs, Koni Yellows, and.KYB AGX's all ajust dampening for comfort, ride, and stiffness for the street, strip or track. Most struts/shocks that do not have adjustments are not ment, not warranted, and not safe for lowering on. I'd go with D-Specs and set them to a comfortable setting, and then never touch them again if I were u, in your case. My car never sees any track times or reakly any sort of racing. So I do the same. Leave it on a comfortable setting for daily driving. Bout all you can do

Monday, April 11, 2011 1:00 AM
d-specs and sportlines... but arnt the Hps the same as dspecs? just none adjustable

Monday, April 11, 2011 1:39 AM
I got the tokico blues with MR2 springs. Rides real stiff, but corners like its on rains, and I dont even think about racing my car. Bought the whole kit for about 440. And there none adjustable.

Monday, April 11, 2011 7:30 AM
Eibach Pro Kit springs, Tokico HP (blues) struts.
Not too low, ride is firm but not harsh, and it handles waaaay better.
For me it's a good compromise between handling and ride as this is my daily driver.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:34 AM
The Tokico hp blue struts do ride nice and handle a mild drop and are not adjustable. They are priced well. The m2 lowering springs that sneezy has are the same ones i sent back because your car will not sit level at all.
red rocket I havent used any of those springs , but i doubt your car will set level. The springs that make j bodys sit level actually have more drop in the rear than in the front like sportlines .

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:44 AM
I had some Tein s-techs and really liked them, it had a rake to it, but they road great.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 2:55 PM
just wondereing why are you soo against not having adjustible shocks?

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 4:17 PM
Probably doesn't see the need in spending that much since there is no need for the adjustment in what he wants to do.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:07 PM
Anyone try these?
Ksport GT -------- http://www.ultrarev.com/lspo01.html

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 5:58 PM
R3D_ROCK3T wrote:Are these Springs any good??

B&G S2 Sport Springs--- http://thmotorsports.com/bg_suspension/bg_s2_sport_springs/121001/i-232121.aspx

H&R Springs---- http://thmotorsports.com/hr/hr_springs_sport_springs/50734/i-239025.aspx

Megan Racing Springs--- http://thmotorsports.com/megan_racing/megan_racing_lowering_springs/mrlscc96/i-128732.aspx

B&Gs are stiff as a board. For low buck I'd try Pro-kits and HP struts.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:36 PM
Those of sport springs are what other plan on using. I saw a car on here with them and it looked good.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:52 AM
Nice! Imma try out the Ksport GT springs, Hope it dont sag though

Saturday, April 16, 2011 4:51 PM
I got eibach sports on koni's.... went to the jusk yard and seen my old pals car, so i stripped it and got them for 45$!!! haha he had em on for 2 weeks and totaled it like an a$$. Over all the car ride like crap. If you want comfort, dont lower it, better yet. dont have a j if you want comfort.

Fireboy153
Brady Fire Co. - Station 150
Long Live The Sunflower! (yea its not so "cool")
Tuesday, May 03, 2011 10:28 PM
Im on a budget and was wondering if eibach sportlines and kyb agx's or kyb gr-2's are a good combination??

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 10:52 PM
LarryMartin830(now with 00z24) wrote:Ok im just gathering information:
Once i pay off the car i wanna lower my car around 1.5" maybe 2"

I don't want coil overs or any thing to adjust i am just going to drive the car not race it. what band of shocks/struts should i be looking at and what are some good springs to buy?

Do Tokico HP Blues & Eibach Pro-Kit 1.4" Drop, isn't a bad drop makes your car look low, at least did for my 2003 LS Coupe Z24* 17" on low pro ZR rated Tires, They are Tokico D-Spec's With No Adjustments, Tokico HP Blues HW3211 they will handle sportlines but warranty is only up to 1.75" or 1 and 3/4 Drop too keep in Mind. but you said u're only doing 1.5 Tokico HP Blues n Eibach Pro-Kit i recommend, if you email me i can send u some pics of my drop.
Tuesday, May 03, 2011 10:56 PM
R3D_ROCK3T wrote:Im on a budget and was wondering if eibach sportlines and kyb agx's or kyb gr-2's are a good combination??

Do not do Eibach Pro-Kit with GR-2's will ride like @!#$ over rough stuff and pulling hard into parking lots and stuff will feel like garbege and sound like it too u will hear noices and anything over a 2 inch pothole will make your rear shock mounts clunk, front struts somewhat almost pull off but they dont, rears will suck butt tho for sure u wont like em, Get Tokico HP Blue's and Eibach Pro-Kit very good set-up look it up no one whos got the set up dislikes it, i just installed mine today and holy the difference i had GR-2's big mistake dont make same mistake as me, plus GR'2 lowered will blow ur shock mounts quick rod will push thru kinda nehows love my tokico n eibach pro-kit set-up handles anything and not a sound.... 2003 LS Coupe Z24** here.
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 12:36 AM
wow .. what ever you typed, is just wow. i felt like i was trying to read a huge TEXT.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 1:24 AM
haha ya was kinda zoned out when i wrote those and still em sleep is coming ... lol

Tokico HP Blues & Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, is Way too Go !
Wednesday, May 04, 2011 7:49 AM
jimmyc99z24 wrote:I'm running sportlines with KYB AGX's and they have treated me well for about 3 years now.

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 1:42 PM
i changed my mind i am going to get some type of coil overs i wanna get as low as i can basically like azncav lol

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 6:19 PM
Then u should get the tein coilover set up for around $800 bucks you can't go wrong.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search