Lowest price on rear sway bar? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lowest price on rear sway bar?
Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:22 PM
Hey,
ive search on the internet to find a good rear sway bar for my 05 Cavalier. I found that progress are the cheapest. Maybe because thay are cheap? Did some of you have website that have sway bar in stock?

Re: Lowest price on rear sway bar?
Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:58 PM
i run a progress rear sway bar on my car. def a nice piece. got mine at TTR probably like 3 years ago now. doesn't look like they list it anymore, but i may have overlooked it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:00 PM

Friday, April 29, 2011 5:12 AM
addco was the cheapest i found. i think it's neverenoughauto.com that had them for like 130 shipped.

Friday, April 29, 2011 7:07 PM
this ^ and its good stuff

Sunday, May 01, 2011 9:50 AM
They have this one but 1" its not too big with a front 03-05 sway bar?
Sunday, May 01, 2011 1:57 PM
wholy @!#$, price jumped on that badboy.

03-05 came with two different front bars. one at 19mm (about7/8") and one at 24mm.

for the 19mm front the addco 1" rear would give you a very balanced, neutral setup.

Sunday, May 01, 2011 6:01 PM
blucavvy wrote:wholy @!#$, price jumped on that badboy.

03-05 came with two different front bars. one at 19mm (about7/8") and one at 24mm.

for the 19mm front the addco 1" rear would give you a very balanced, neutral setup.

No the 24 mm will. The Addco is 24.5 IIRC thats why Im looking for an LSS front sway.

Monday, May 02, 2011 11:18 AM
I bought the Addco from NEA, fast shipping. Good company to deal with.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 6:50 PM
So with a 24mm front the 1" rear will be good? And with a 19mm front, which one will be the best? And by the way, which model of cavy/sunfire got a gm Vert front strut bar?
Tuesday, May 03, 2011 9:45 PM
only the convertible from 95-00 sunfire or cavalier had the strut bar.

as per the sway bar, i guess it's debatable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 03, 2011 9:45 PM

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 9:57 PM
If youre trying to match sizes the 03-05 LSS front sway bar is what you want. Its 24mm and the Addco rear is 24.5mm. Now size really isnt the only thing that will determine how well they work together. Theres a lot more that goes on with the stiffness of the bar, lengths, shapes, mounting, etc etc. If you want well matched buy a front a rear kit.

Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:55 PM
bringin this one back a bit...I have a base 04 Cavalier with codes "FE1" and "FE9"...i read somewhere "FE2" or "FE3" determine the diameter of the front sway bar. So what is FE1/9?

Since our cars obviously dont have a rear one Factory, would this 1" (25.4mm) be too much for the base model front, which is 'probably' the 19mm or 22mm versus the LSS one thats 24mm? I can get that Addeco rear sb kit for $160 shipped, eBay or that neverenoughauto site..same price. I already have front/rear STB's and upper motor mount, with Tein S springs and S/T shocks..the car is stiff..but Id like to do a rear sway bar.... thanks guys!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Sunday, October 16, 2011 8:01 PM
No way is it too much. Though you may want to eventually go to a larger front bar if you find it over steers too much. I'm weird though, as I'm considering dropping to the smaller front bar to see how the car acts.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search