Tein SS dumped?! - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tein SS dumped?!
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:26 PM
Well I know when I was saving up for them I was curious what they looked like dumped.. so I installed mine and figured I'd just dump them and see what it looks like, figured i couldn't be the only one. So here we be
Not bad, i love the front, rear wasn't bad but i wanted to raise it a bit

How it sits now, front dumped, rear raised 3/8" from dumped

and for those wondering if the EDFC is worth it, I have to say yes.. if you don't then fine dont buy it, no need to debate it
For as little as I will be adjusting with it, its still nice. Install was cake and i like being able to just adjust on the fly, if anything it makes finding that most comfortable setting easier just while driving without having to stop and get out and spin allen screws. For those curious how it rides as is.. just how you would expect, solid. Do i hate it, nope

Re: Tein SS dumped?!
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:14 PM
i like.. i cant wait until saturday.. ill be much lower then i am now! lol

Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:00 AM
looking good....guess i know which coilovers i want

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:04 AM
Super Clean, and nice low stance.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, May 26, 2011 4:44 AM
my teins had little knobs on the top to twist to adjust. did you put the edfc on before you installed them? jason and I couldn't figure that out.

this is the start of my signature: have you read the RULES yet?
my carDomain updated 6/11/10 Forged and Supercharged

Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:01 AM
Heyman what happened to your hood,that was one hell of a beauty and love the way your car sits

Modding my j since I found the org
Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:36 PM
s1lver_N1p (forum_Naz1) wrote:my teins had little knobs on the top to twist to adjust. did you put the edfc on before you installed them? jason and I couldn't figure that out.

yeah your right, i forgot. they had the thumb knobs.. you have to remove them for the edfc.. i think the edfc was easy but yes i installed them while they were not in the car,i just followed the instructions. i found it best to just follow the instructions for each one. it was simple but just wanted to make sure i didnt forget a step and took my time. Plus i had my interior all tore out and ran the wires while i was running the wires for my sub/amp, third brake light and deck panel and installing my headunit.

alejandro davila wrote:Heyman what happened to your hood,that was one hell of a beauty and love the way your car sits

its sitting in storage, the photo in my sig is actually my 03, here is the story on that

azncav wrote:i like.. i cant wait until saturday.. ill be much lower then i am now! lol

damn man, i'm as low as im allowed.. if i don't enter/exit my garage at a angle i will hit my lower radiator support on the garage floor, due to one side of the driveway has sunk like a inch so its lower on half the side.
1/2" rear hub spacers will be going in soon and from there maybe 10mm wheels spacers after that in the rear(already have them with arp studs is only reason i may put them in)

I really wish i could have less tire sidewall to see it look even better, i have 5 brand new enkei rs7s in 17x7 +42 that would set off well, but no money for tires so may just sell them..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:38 PM

Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:17 PM
looks good man, i want lss sides and rear!!!

Buy my stuff!!! CLICK

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:52 PM
Looks good dude. That's really as low as they go though? These STD R5's better go lower...

Pics of the EDFC though!

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Thursday, May 26, 2011 9:21 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:Looks good dude. That's really as low as they go though? These STD R5's better go lower...

Pics of the EDFC though!

agreed, pics of EDFC. If my R5's fall through, these with EDFC is what I'd be getting. I dont need to go lower than what you have there...

Friday, May 27, 2011 2:08 PM
Looks really good! I can't wait to get my coilovers.
BuiltNBoosted wrote:If my R5's fall through, these with EDFC is what I'd be getting. I dont need to go lower than what you have there...

x2

Friday, May 27, 2011 3:39 PM
Save your money. If you actually know he real worth of an EDFC like system and have a real use for it you wouldnt be buying an off the shelf coil over system.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Friday, May 27, 2011 4:17 PM
those jack stands look bad ass who makes them?
Friday, May 27, 2011 6:08 PM
Boosted2point4 wrote:looks good man, i want lss sides and rear!!!

check mideast dood

Transporter7220 wrote:Looks good dude. That's really as low as they go though? These STD R5's better go lower...

Pics of the EDFC though!

Not really concerned with being lower. see no point in it. this is actually lower then expected.
what do you want pics of? they sit on top of the strut, wires are ran along my strut bar. rear wires are ran behind 1/4 panel interior piece up to the rear deck by the rear speakers then drop down in a hole buy he rear seat belt retractors right above the strut. edfc controller is mounted in the front of the center console, that little shelf/tray area.

Leafy wrote:Save your money. If you actually know he real worth of an EDFC like system and have a real use for it you wouldnt be buying an off the shelf coil over system.

The real worth is that it was my money, in which i felt buying the edfc is worth it.. was already spending a good chunk on coilovers and as my boss's father use to always say to us "It only costs a little more to go first class"

Richard Edmondson wrote:those jack stands look bad ass who makes them?

blue-point. have their race aluminum jack and 4 stands, i love em

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, May 27, 2011 6:10 PM

Saturday, May 28, 2011 4:06 AM
Absolutely loving the car man! That was exactly what i wanted my cav to be before it was totalled

Monday, May 30, 2011 9:50 AM
Leafy wrote:Save your money. If you actually know he real worth of an EDFC like system and have a real use for it you wouldnt be buying an off the shelf coil over system.

oh stop, its a convenience, man. nobody ever claimed the teins to be the end all be all anyways. so we want to be able to adjust easier, what the @!#$ is the problem with that? it doesnt make us any less of an enthusiast.

Monday, May 30, 2011 2:56 PM
I like how that sits a lot! Super Hellafunctional.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search