Good OE Replacement Struts - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Good OE Replacement Struts
Friday, May 27, 2011 10:37 AM
Hi everyone. I own a 2002 Chevy Cavalier Z24 (presumably with the FE2 Package) and I'm wondering what brands are equal to or slightly improve on OE quality. I still have the stock OE struts on my car that now has 140,000 miles on it and I figured its time to replace them. my first thought was ACDelco, but after some more research I have come across some rather discerning news like ACDelco struts being ReBranded Gabriel (garbage) struts.

I'm just looking for OE equivalents. A comfortable ride, but at the same time, a sporty feeling to them. I don't need my ride to be like a cloud, and at the same time, when I'm screwin around on back roads I want the handling to be there, but I don't need to feel every crevice on the road.

Thanks in advance,
Alcolawl

Re: Good OE Replacement Struts
Friday, May 27, 2011 11:33 AM
If i were you order a set of Tokico HP Blue struts,They are a exact drop in no need to mod anything,and will work well with your stock springs,They will improve your ride and handling,And be better than any bone stock replacement...Just make sure when you do the front struts that you also install new upper strut mounts,And get a wheel alignment done,And then enjoy your new ride..
Saturday, May 28, 2011 4:03 AM
^ Agreed - i've ridden in lowered and stock height cars with HP Blues, and they perform! I was especially impressed with the lowered car. B&G springs - i have the same set up with koni yellows, and no matter how i adjust the damping, my ride is never as supple as the other guys car with the Blues.

Saturday, May 28, 2011 6:53 AM
I agree on the hp blue as well, and the KGB gr-2s are also a good oem replacement

Saturday, May 28, 2011 8:40 AM
Just put the hp blues on the prokit springs and they feel really nice, thinking of getting second set for the beater.

Monday, May 30, 2011 10:51 AM
Tokico blues are good.

KYB GR2's are pretty much their OEM replacement shocks. They will be good.

KYB AGX adjustables will also be a good choice. They're cheap and offer a bt of adjustibility. They also ride a bit softer than the competition.
Monday, May 30, 2011 2:31 PM
CrAzY Z24 wrote:Just put the hp blues on the prokit springs and they feel really nice, thinking of getting second set for the beater.

x2
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search