brake clicking - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
brake clicking
Sunday, May 29, 2011 5:57 PM
so my drivers side front brakes will click when i press the pedal. its while moving, or stopped, and clicks once as i press the pedal, and once when i let off the pedal. sounds to me like its drivers side front only.

cant tell however if it might be the pedal assembly itself.

any ideas?

wilwood after market brakes with shimmed pads, 2 piece rotor, and radial mounted calipers.

Re: brake clicking
Sunday, May 29, 2011 8:56 PM
Although the suspension designs between my Mercedes and the Cavalier are far different I would imagine it being a bushing some where on the car. I had a thump when I stepped on the brakes and let off of them on the Mercedes. Come to find out the rear bushing for the guide rod was shot. Considering you have a similar situation, possibly, I would look at the rear bushing on the lower control arm and see if that is worn out. It could have some play (IIRC the rear bushing is mounted flat to the body and the front one is parallel to the ground) causing the control arm to deflect and that is the noise you are hearing.

I would also double check the caliper mount bolts and make sure they are torqued properly as the caliper could be moving in an odd way and that could be causing the sound as well.
Monday, May 30, 2011 6:49 AM
Make sure you dont have any broken or cracked bolts on the 2 piece rotors.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 1:52 AM
they didnt do it at all today. i tried and tried and tried....got nothing. think it was a fluke.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search