Another Neon Swap... Need Specifics... - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another Neon Swap... Need Specifics...
Monday, May 30, 2011 9:17 PM
I need to get this Neon swap figured out and done ASAP. I know the basics, need the Neon brackets, calipers and rotors. What about the different lines/fittings needed? What exactly do I need to get to make the job as simple as possible. And the Ebrake situation... how does the Jbody cable hook into the neon mechanism? I have a 5 speed and I don't use 1st gear as park so the Ebrake working is very important to me. And the last thing is did anyone have issues with the front/rear proportioning and/or the residule pressure in the lines that people were talking about?

I know that theres alot of information out there in all the threads but its really hard to go through and find the pieces I need so if somebody could be nice enough to post it back on here that would be great.

Re: Another Neon Swap... Need Specifics...
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 12:14 PM
Everything you need will be in the sticky at the top of the page. I had to read it just as many others did. It will be better in the long run anyway. Just start researching.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:53 PM
Well I read about 10 more pages and found the how to vid, great info there, way better seeing it done than trying to read it in a post. My only other question is about the rear proportioning valves... some people say they dont change them, some do change them, and some don't have them to start with? is it a certain year/body style/whatever that doesn't have them or is it just chance? my car is a 99 z24 5 speed with the smaller brake drums (102cm I think?) Is it a chance that my car doesn't have them? I know one person (forgot name) had posted that they were located on the underbody roughly under the rear bench seat? I didn't see any at my first look.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 4:57 PM
they would be on the drivers side just infront of the rear tire. there right on the line you cant miss them if they're there.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:19 PM
Looked and so far I can't see any. I should be good then, just have to verify part #'s and get my lines ordered and hit up the salvage yard for my brackets. Probably grab calipers too for core at least if there is one, I know rock auto doesn't have a core on some calipers now but they are pretty high priced. Rotors from RA aren't too bad priced, and I think they have a good selection of Ebrake shoes as well.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search