front sway bar ? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
front sway bar ?
Sunday, June 19, 2011 1:15 AM
My 97 cavalier came with a front sway bar stock I have installed the prothane red end link bushing kit, but still have the oem bushings in the center. should I get the better one for that? and does the size of the sway bar make a difference either? I have installed the rear sway bar from rksport and that bar appeared to be bigger. so I guess should I get a bigger front sway bar or just get some bushings for the center Idk which diameter it is though

Re: front sway bar ?
Sunday, June 19, 2011 6:11 PM
Are you having oversteer issues? If not then no need for a bigger front bar.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:30 PM
no oversteer issues, what size is the stock front sway bar my guess is 18 diameter but idk I would like to atleast purchase better bushings for the bar though??? were to get these
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:26 PM
since you have a 2000 ln2 I would say at best you have an 18mm, might even have a 0mm.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:03 PM
well I just picked up some moog 18mm bushings so If they dont work then I guess I will finally know what size it is lol
thanx
Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:34 PM
Moogs are nothing more than stock replacements.
Get the poly mounts as that's going to help with the turn in of the car and keep the car from feeling slushy in the front end.
Keep the stock bar and continue to use the rear bar as you have it.
You'll see a nice difference once you change out those rubber 'D' bushings to poly.
Good luck..

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, July 01, 2011 3:21 PM
yea those moog ones I got r poly they r blue in color and r stiff as hell like the prothane endlinks I installed earlier into the front bar. now I havent tackeled the install for the new bushings is this a easy job? or do i have to take the bar out? because I was checking out the new bushings and they barely open up at all were the cut is made in them to slip over the bar?
Friday, July 01, 2011 6:53 PM
You can install them with the car on jackstands and up as high as you can get it.
Simply lower the subframe without actually dropping it and you'll have enough room to get access to the bushings from the rear.
Go from there.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search