quick drag racing question - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quick drag racing question
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:04 PM
has anyone on here used spring rubbers on the rear suspension to get there 60 ft time down? And how well do they work

Re: quick drag racing question
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:09 PM
never have i heard of anybody using something like those.... most the time people just have adjustable dampening struts and set them to full stiff. this coupled with max tire pressure in the back tires yields pretty good results most of the time.

some have even gotten stiffer rear springs. this helps even more....

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 9:38 PM
Well I was going to do that later with the ground force coilovers and the kyb agx struts but I guess ill go ahead and do it now cause I'm not hooking up to save my life and my 60 ft time sucks
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:35 PM
I've heard of the cobalt guys putting footballs between the swing axle and the car, sounds like a retarded idea but whatever. You should be fine with spring rubbers.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:50 PM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:I've heard of the cobalt guys putting footballs between the swing axle and the car, sounds like a retarded idea but whatever. You should be fine with spring rubbers.

The footballs go inside the spring, as it is not a spring/strut assembley on those cars like a j-body.

Bascially a poor mans "drag bag", my buddy did it on his SS/TC and it works like a champ, just inflate them at the track and deflated for street use.

Inflated they lifted the back of the car up a solid 2 inches and it was stiff as hell, well worth the $7 dollars he spend on two pee-wee footballs.

This won't work on a j-body tho, best route is to get stiff rear springs if you run on ground controls, they have alot of spring rates to offer.....which reminds me, i need to order my stiffer rear springs soon.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:54 PM
Newt you know how bad those will feel on the street? I mean I run what my friends consider a really stiff suspension but rear springs being stiffer increase ride harshness much more than front springs being stiffer.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:20 PM
ok another question then could i use my eibach sprtline springs with the kyb agx struts im not worried about the warranty
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search