Too Low?! Shaking Shuttering - Discussion - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Too Low?! Shaking Shuttering - Discussion
Monday, June 20, 2011 5:55 PM
Theory says that it will work, if the cv misalignment is what is causing the issue.. But I really dont know why you want to drive around every day that low. I mean sure its great for car shows and photo shoots but It could cause snap understeer having the control arms below parallel. I still need to re-do the numbers for RC height in our front suspension because I'm going to need to adjust my rear rc height to change some things when I put my rear sway bar in.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer

Monday, June 20, 2011 6:05 PM
No worries here, I'm raising it. I just think this could be valuable info to have/know. my curiosity is just going. just another reason why to be envious to those damn hondas.

Sunday, June 26, 2011 5:49 PM
new 4x4 stance

shaking seems to have gone away at accel, at low speeds though i still sort of get some sort of shake, however im thinking control arms may be the culprit there as it doesn't feel nearly as rough as the shaking i was getting from the axles..
still irritates me as to why does my @!#$ seem so high though yet guys on GCs are way lower.. are they not having the same problem magically or just ignoring it for the look?

Sunday, June 26, 2011 7:12 PM
My issues were a worn axle and wheel bearing. From the look of it at disassembly it was gone for a while but the coilovers did the finishing move. All are replaced and weird vibrations gone. Well I mean the axle was obvious cus grease was everywhere but the bearing seemed fine upon inspection aside from that side of the car making a god awfull noise and terrible vibrations after installing the coilovers. When I unbolted the axle the hub just fell apart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, June 26, 2011 7:18 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search