Air ride mods - Page 4 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Air ride mods
Sunday, September 25, 2011 6:15 PM
the air sturts? if so call air lift and see whats available, altho not a cheap option

Monday, September 26, 2011 7:32 PM
thanks man, yeah i called them and might as well just buy a bag/strut kit for the price of just the strut lol. i have my mock ups with what you (spencer) sent me and i bottom out and still need a little just so im not ridding on a bottemed out strut even for just through a parking lot.
Monday, September 26, 2011 9:51 PM
Well the good part is if you ever lose air pressure. You can still move the car. If you want you could setup some stops so the struts don't bottom out. Also on the inside of the strut there is a rubber bushing that will stop the the upper mount and the strut from making metal to metal contact.

I thought about doing the same thing on selling off my current setup and getting a hold of them and be another kit.

Also did you get a hold of them at airbagit.com about rear struts. I have always seen that air lift has been very expensive.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 7:33 AM
oh i didnt even think about airbagit thanks man. Yeah my only worry was the metal on metal contact . at 0psi i sit 3 inches off the ground dont know how my lift is gonna be yet still need a tank lol. i like the fact of still being able to move if i blow a line or a valve fails or lose any air. ill call airbagit today and see what they have. im just having this problem with the front my rear is perfect lol
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:09 AM
the quality has always been with air lift IMO
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:17 AM
i called airbagit and the said their stuts are shorter but they will only work with their bags because how they are made. i have an idea now but its raining here so i cant test it out yet lol. im gonna rework the mounts wish me luck
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:47 PM
is air lift not who made easystreet kits? honestly i am not sure on quality of all the kits/brands out there, to me the the valves i have now seem to work but i just don't like the big cluster of wires and air hoses. but that is why i am going to go threw it all and decide what needs changed. on airbagit.com it looks like the have a really nice and organized plug and play air system, with it all being compact. i will be looking in to the reviews of it or atleast simulate it on the cavalier. i might buy it for when i bag my silverado. possibly the whole kit since it was around $1200. but like i said i will investigate first.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 6:28 PM
yes air lift makesthe easystreet line. I use airlift and SMC valves. But right now i have the airlift manifolds.
Friday, September 30, 2011 7:43 PM
so my new mounts worked out i just made flat stock steel and it gave me one more inch of travel so no metal to metal contact, gonna try and post pics of what i made soon.
Friday, September 30, 2011 8:05 PM
make with the pics son!
Saturday, October 01, 2011 2:20 PM
lol gotta find the wifes camera first .

Monday, October 03, 2011 12:23 PM
finally got two days off from work so did some work to mine still need valves but got every thing test fitted and looking great, i took a few picks just gotta figure how to upload them lol
Monday, October 03, 2011 7:03 PM
photobucket, and what valves you looking for?
Monday, October 03, 2011 7:34 PM
im looking for some 3/8 valve just so i dont slam when i air out, this is my ride hight at 40 psi would have more pics of it laid out but the batt died in the camera lol
Monday, October 03, 2011 7:42 PM
If you put in a reduced fitting on the out valve will slow it down. I will see if I can find them and send you a link. Looks pretty good. Wouldn't mind seeing your strut pics.

Monday, October 03, 2011 7:45 PM
Thanks man yeah im off Tuesday so ill try to get some more pics.
Monday, October 03, 2011 7:48 PM
how much were the new front struts?

Monday, October 03, 2011 8:04 PM
i found a set of koni inserts and cut down my stock strut tube and welded a bag mount on it the koni where two 2 1/2 inches shorter than stock . not sure of the ride yet but at only 40 psi i had a nice low stance and much more lift to go and much more room to drop. they cost me around 150 for both and in the rear i put bags on bars and use s10 front drop shocks. i have an alero rear to put on but waiting for time lol
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 5:13 AM
i found out that suicidedoors.com now has strut bag kits from direct bolt on to universal and they can weld tour strut mounts where you want. not bad on the price starting at 430 a set. gonna have them build me a set when i do the rear irs
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 10:25 AM
Got a couple of pics of the front laid out . every thing is good, no rubbing so now all i need to do is save up so i can buy a compressor and some valves and time to get it all finished and done rollin low i cant wait cus my coilovers are just about wore out.
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 11:05 AM
thats golden. lol sorry i had to. here is a link to the speed controls. there are more than those available also.

http://www.airbagit.com/Inflation-Valves-s/109.htm

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 12:03 PM
lol the golden roller lol. thanks for the link. yeah i was just checking out suicidedoors.com also. so hows your project going? any more updates?
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 12:29 PM
So I called easy street about the new design front bags and they said they don't know what im talking about. it was some female and she said they only made one design for the cavalier.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 12:54 PM
Ecoclean wrote:So I called easy street about the new design front bags and they said they don't know what im talking about. it was some female and she said they only made one design for the cavalier.

you should give suicidedoors a call. i did today and they were very helpful PH 1-855-618-6090
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 2:55 PM
LOL just called that number and talked to Ricky. he looked on the easystreet site and then informed me that he could not get anything cause they do not show that they carry the cavalier or sunfire stuff anymore.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search