Air ride mods - Page 5 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Air ride mods
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 4:20 PM
Ask about their universal kits i asked if it would work for me he said it would but thats for my alero rear set up

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 4:42 PM
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 9:19 PM
i think i am going to rethink my lower perches. was thinking of making a custom one that would mount up higher on the strut. that way i could get lower or do you guy think i should just go with have a custom set of rears made?

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:26 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:i think i am going to rethink my lower perches. was thinking of making a custom one that would mount up higher on the strut. that way i could get lower or do you guy think i should just go with have a custom set of rears made?

yeah man try it out ! i think it should work out and be a bit cheaper for you rather than having a new custom set made
Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:33 PM
Mr Thompson have got your brake lines and abs connected to the alero rear?
Thursday, October 06, 2011 9:16 PM
I have not. I am changing my abs location so I have not stepped into it yet. The buick park ave rear hoses and the alero rear brake cables are what is needed to make it all work.

Friday, October 07, 2011 4:32 PM
i got tired of my N1 muffler sound it wasn't too noisy but i don't like it, i think i got a good deal a kid in town has a wrx and put a new muffler on his so he sold me his stock wrx muffler (flang back) for only $20 its twin outlet with 3'' pipe. when i get the time its going on the cavi, i hope its a good find.
Friday, October 14, 2011 6:27 PM
disassembled my grand am suspension today, taking measurements for the custom link bars and upper control arms.
Friday, October 14, 2011 7:19 PM
I know what your doing even thought about it but I don't think your going to get as low as you would like a you would have to most likely do a custom setup like the guy with the northstar did. But I will be watching.

Friday, October 14, 2011 7:50 PM
all custom is fine by me no struts is my goal
Saturday, October 15, 2011 4:54 PM
i see what you mean the lateral links hot the crossmember.

Saturday, October 15, 2011 5:29 PM
Pus the position you would want to put the bag would be in the way of the control arms bottoming out. You don't have enough room to build a perch off the inner of the strut wall to mount the bag either. Also with how short the upper control arm has to be your not going to get a good raise drop height either with out having a lot of camber. Kinda why I backed out of it and just went strut. The thing with strut is that if you wanted to put the lower mount at the bottom of the strut you can since the is no rear axles.

Which threw an idea of possible awd swap out of the equinox or similar. Trust me I was really stump till I seen you ad the strut mounts welded.

Sunday, October 16, 2011 9:15 AM
youre killin me smalls lol
Sunday, October 16, 2011 9:24 AM
Spencer wrote:youre killin me smalls lol

lol nice so what do you have going on their sir? i haven't made any progress on mine lately.
Sunday, October 16, 2011 12:26 PM
Spencer wrote:youre killin me smalls lol

Go troll around in 97z24 I think that's his screen name and see what he did. That's the only thing I can come up with for total strut elimination. But if you do figure something else out keep us informed. Or if I see something I'll let you know.

Side note - do you still have full clearance from floor to rear deck? If so you might be able to remove the whole frame. And strut tower section out an d build a tube frame that sits 4-6 inches higher to mount the irs setup to also allowing for longer upper control arms and bad clearance. Just a lot of fab work .

Sunday, October 16, 2011 1:02 PM
SOUNDS LIKE YOU TWO ARE DOING SOME CRAZY OUT OF THE BOX STUFF THEIR. WISH I LIVED CLOSER
Sunday, October 16, 2011 1:10 PM
well im toying around with cantilever, but not like the air lift cavalier was with the shock waves.
Sunday, October 16, 2011 1:19 PM
I'm not looking to do anything extreme. Just trying to keep to bolt on affair. I've just seen alot of things since I love custom stuff.

Spencer - you probably could. I just don't think anything off the irs will help you tho.

Sunday, October 16, 2011 7:13 PM
well i plan on ditching the stock GA lateral arms for DOM tubing since theyre going to be under a load. A spring pocket may be in order. Ive got one more local show to hit on the 29th before i can really do anything.
Wednesday, November 09, 2011 2:32 PM
any progress guys? or is yours' just sitting waisting away like mine? lol stupid truck needed a trans or else i would of reworked my mounts.

one thing i want to add in on the irs swap is that jeffie brought it to my attention that our master cylinder is on the smaller side and might need upgraded. at some point i am going to look fully into what can be used or if is maxed out with just the rear swap. since i am planning on the nwf front swap also.

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 3:48 PM
well no progress on the suspension had problems with my over flow having dirt in it. did my door panels in black suede and little detail work under the hood, looking at the irs swap, still trying to get all my pieces together. money is tight now with planning my wedding with my wife looking at moving so the cavalier gets very little love right now lol.

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 7:48 PM
still notta havent even started taking it apaart yet. Going to the salvage yard to take measurements for my alternate tho.
Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:12 AM
i really want to see what you have in store
Saturday, November 12, 2011 4:15 PM
well i got a nice package at my door today, its not suspension its a new face lift project =)
Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:49 PM
pics of your package or it never happened.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search