alignments - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
alignments
Friday, August 05, 2011 10:49 AM
So im badly needing an alignment, and went somewhere they said they could do it to stock specs. Is this true? Im needing one very soon, and don't know what to do.

Re: alignments
Friday, August 05, 2011 11:09 AM
What's so bad about getting it done to stock specs?
Friday, August 05, 2011 11:20 AM
That's what I had thought but figured I would ask to make sure stock specs were okay to use

Friday, August 05, 2011 11:28 AM
Sorry first post was meant to say couldn't do it, and wouldn't recommend setting it back to stock.

Friday, August 05, 2011 11:41 AM
I have mine to stock specs and I'm on ground controls, lower than sportlines too...

Friday, August 05, 2011 3:32 PM
silver03cavii wrote:Sorry first post was meant to say couldn't do it, and wouldn't recommend setting it back to stock.

Is your concern because you are lowered?

The ideal angle for your wheel to meet the road is not altered by shorter or taller springs, within reason.

Friday, August 05, 2011 3:36 PM
Thirsty Z wrote:
silver03cavii wrote:Sorry first post was meant to say couldn't do it, and wouldn't recommend setting it back to stock.

The ideal angle for your wheel to meet the road is not altered by shorter or taller springs, within reason.

It should have a direct effect on camper
Friday, August 05, 2011 6:06 PM
Ok thanks guys, I finally found a place that says they can do lowered cars

Friday, August 05, 2011 7:20 PM
Yeah a lot of places give you a hard time if you're lowered. But with a J most of the time the "lowered" look, looks as though its stock. Dont let them sell you camber bolts, waste of money. Either they slot them and dont charge you the labor for it, or you take it home and slot them with a 1/2" drillbit and a drill. Took me 45 minutes to slot both sides, and that involved doing out the math to get just a little bit more than the camber I needed (its easy trig, just google it). I ended up bringing it back and was only off a 10th on the camber I wanted on each side, but I seriously funked up the toe. The place I went to, Town Fair Tire, was cool enough to give me my exact specs even though they were outside of the factory specs, well for camber. You wont need that, and if you did, you wouldnt have needed to make this thread.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Sunday, August 07, 2011 12:11 PM
Thankfully there are a few shops around here that handle lowered cars. My RK ProStreets go quite low and had a heck of a time finding a few places to do it but got it all taken care of. We used the Eibach camber kit on mine and its been working for 100K+ miles with zero issues what so ever. Ill be due for an alignment again here real soon once I get the new coilovers put on so its only a matter of time before I wrench on them again.

Monday, August 08, 2011 6:08 PM
Dave De Stefano wrote:
Thirsty Z wrote:

It should have a direct effect on camper

Sure can, and probably will. Caster no doubt too. Not to mention SAI depending on the set up.

The OP was concerned about aligning the car "back to stock specs".

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search