rear hub bolt to axle pattern - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rear hub bolt to axle pattern
Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:49 PM
Hey guys can anyone help me.
our rear hub assembly has a 4 bolt pattern on the back side that bolts to the axle. Does anyone know, or can anyone find out, if our Jbody hub is interchangeble with the 04 saturn ion rear hub ?? and vise versa....
in other words...lug pattern aside...are 04 saturn ion and 3rd gen Jbodys rear hubs interchangeable on the axle side.
Keep in mind i think the 03-04 model ions are different than the later model ones as far as im aware. anyone know???

Re: rear hub bolt to axle pattern
Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:55 PM
I think your best bet may be grabing one of each from a parts store and making a quick cardboard template and comparing.

Why are you wanting to use Ion stuff?

Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:02 PM
Because i have found something for the rear of my car that is available for the delta body that is not listed for the Jbody, the key will be if the hubs bolt patterns are the same

Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:11 PM
The bracket to mount saturn discs on the 4 lug ion? I think the pattern is the same, try it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:12 PM

Friday, August 12, 2011 5:36 AM
IIRC, someone looked into Delta platform hardware a few years back and it wasn't going to work.

Friday, August 12, 2011 8:15 AM
James Cahill wrote:IIRC, someone looked into Delta platform hardware a few years back and it wasn't going to work.
John Beers made brackets for putting the delta rear discs on the J-body axle. The hub-to-axle patterns are not the same.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search