TOKICO HP BLUE - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TOKICO HP BLUE
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 11:35 AM
How are you guys. I am looking forward to buy a set of Tokico HP blue, I was wondering if you guys can show me a site that has them for cheap, the lowest I have found them was $400 shipped. Does anybody know a cheaper place?

Re: TOKICO HP BLUE
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 1:52 PM
you won't find them cheaper. that's a good price for a lowering strut.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:01 PM
where did you find them for $400 shipped? and I assume that within the us?

i cant find them for any less then $450 + shipping to Canada and thats on e bay, all the local shops want like $800+

150.0 DB, Loudest in Atlantic Canada, Street Class A.
Next year 155 DB
Wednesday, July 20, 2011 5:21 PM
Spitfire wrote:where did you find them for $400 shipped? and I assume that within the us?

i cant find them for any less then $450 + shipping to Canada and thats on e bay, all the local shops want like $800+

true story!

(write what ever comment you want here)
Friday, July 22, 2011 10:59 AM
Hey there Richard. Long time no chat.

That's a good price and you will like them
Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:23 PM

$420 shipped to canada..... cheapest i've seen before this was about $450 shipped too....ebay HP Blue

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 4:37 PM
what's the lowest drop these shocks/struts can handle? and are these covered under lifetime warranty?
Wednesday, August 03, 2011 11:26 AM
You would have to check their site to confirm, but some people on here say they will only handle 1.5" drop, others say they are the same as D-specs, just not adjustable, so if thats the case, they should be good for all drops over 2". Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Again though, you best bet would be to check their site or call Tokico yourself.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 5:00 PM
2" I wouldn't go any lower. They r the same as a d-spec minus the adjustability

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 5:27 PM
i would like to have them paired to the eibach sportline springs, which according to eibachs site are 1.7" front and 2.3" rear. the car doesn't even sit that low on the springs, i wonder if these shocks could handle being that low though.

i contacted Tokico and was emailing back and forth with someone, however he wasn't much help. he said that "lowering a vehicle more than 1.4" is unsafe", and recommended i get new springs. he also said that their warranty is done by testing the shocks to see if they were damaged by bottoming out too much, or if it was a factory defect or normal wear/tear. the shocks should be stiff enough to prevent bottoming out though? and he didn't say whether or not they would cover the warranty if the shocks were paired with a setup that low.
Thursday, August 04, 2011 11:13 AM
he's saying if you bottom them out, they won't warranty it. even koni says that.

the blue's will probably handle that drop just fine but i would imagine you do it at the expense of the strut's warranty.

Monday, August 15, 2011 2:45 PM
i took was looking into these also and have decided i like the ability to adjust setting in the d-specs and the koni. i also just received my sportslines.

Little Sedan That Could <3 Forever

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search