Tokico D-spec + GC coils. HELP!? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tokico D-spec + GC coils. HELP!?
Saturday, August 27, 2011 2:26 AM
Alright, here's the deal.

I've done some research, and cannot find the answer I am looking for.
Specifically, how much do the rear struts need to be honed down to make the rear sleeves fit?
Does anyone have measurements of the outside diameter of the D-specs and the inside diameter of the sleeves?

I realize I'm going to get told to search, I have been, with no luck what so ever.
I've e-mailed Ground control, with no response so far. I cannot find an e-mail address for Tokico / Hitachi(?). I can't call them because I am on the other side of the world. >.<

All help is greatly appreciated.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Re: Tokico D-spec + GC coils. HELP!?
Saturday, August 27, 2011 3:23 AM
You don't hone the struts, you hone the adapter rings on the inside of the rear sleeves. I don't remember the exact measurements but i dont think its much. I just took both the strut and sleeves to my machinist and told him what needed to be done and he took care of it. Hope that helps

Monday, August 29, 2011 7:15 AM
all i did was cut the perches off of the dspecs, then assemble and install

Eat my shift
Monday, August 29, 2011 7:38 AM
Mike, I the sleeves were already taken care of when you got them.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Thursday, September 01, 2011 10:48 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I was really hoping to get some kind of measurement so I could send that info over to GC and have them build the sleeves around it.
I'll just go ahead and order them, then have a shop fit the sleeves on.

Wish me luck! Hah...

Thursday, September 01, 2011 4:28 PM
***Rogue*** wrote:You don't hone the struts, you hone the adapter rings on the inside of the rear sleeves. I don't remember the exact measurements but i dont think its much. I just took both the strut and sleeves to my machinist and told him what needed to be done and he took care of it. Hope that helps

still not seeing an update lol

Thursday, September 01, 2011 11:38 PM
azncav wrote:
***Rogue*** wrote:You don't hone the struts, you hone the adapter rings on the inside of the rear sleeves. I don't remember the exact measurements but i dont think its much. I just took both the strut and sleeves to my machinist and told him what needed to be done and he took care of it. Hope that helps

still not seeing an update lol

haha GC finally shipped the top hats, they came in today. Im heading out the the junk yard tomorrow to try and find a a front lip(crossing fingers) but either way I'm going lower tomorrow, you'll see an update soon

Thursday, September 01, 2011 11:46 PM
nice! when i do my front end to and 03 im not sure if i want to sell my lower lip

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 12:46 PM

This is exactly what I did as well.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Friday, September 09, 2011 7:27 AM
DSMskyline wrote:Mike, I the sleeves were already taken care of when you got them.

oh, well no wonder it was such an easy swap! lol

Eat my shift
Friday, September 09, 2011 8:57 PM
M2 wrote:
DSMskyline wrote:Mike, I the sleeves were already taken care of when you got them.

oh, well no wonder it was such an easy swap! lol

If you order the right Ground Controls they will work properly out of the box. When I ordered mine I went with Ground Controls for stock struts since there was no Dspec option. I hear one of the 3 options fits the Dspecs properly in the rear.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011 1:31 PM
When I ordered mine, I mentioned that I will be pairing them up with D-specs. An hour later GC e-mailed me telling me that they don't have a kit that works with them. I went ahead and ordered the ones for stock struts. I guess I'll end up bringing them into a shop and having them fitted...

Thanks for the help though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search