powerslot rotors and hawk pads - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
powerslot rotors and hawk pads
Monday, August 15, 2011 2:41 PM
so it has come time to upgrade brake system. I was looking into the powerslot rotors since there are many stories here of the baer slotted/drilled rotors tend to crack more often. then have decided on HAWK pads. now my question is to which pads from hawk. hps, ceramic or what kind? thanks all
2004 base sedan
16" wrx rims

Little Sedan That Could <3 Forever

Re: powerslot rotors and hawk pads
Monday, August 15, 2011 2:49 PM
Hawk HPS, low dust, low noise, great stopping power
Powerslot Rotors

PM sent.

Thursday, September 01, 2011 4:51 PM
Anyone know where I can get a set of these in Canada?
Vancouver area would be best?

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *
Thursday, September 01, 2011 5:25 PM
vince, arent the powerslot's cryotreated?

that'd be the difference between them and the baer's ill bet ya...

Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:30 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:vince, arent the powerslot's cryotreated?

mine are cryotreated, the difference between them and the baer's are the baers are usually drilled and crack like a mofo and are just plane junk. Im more a fan of my powerslots, selling them off the car once I get it back too.

you can order them normal but i always went with the cryotreated. I got an extra year out of mine treated vs not.

Friday, September 02, 2011 7:34 AM
Power slots and the HPS pads are a great set up...Had my power slot rotors for 2 years now,And have gone through 2 sets of pads on the rotors..And still no brake pulsing..

And Jay corkit,I can get them from mopac or lordco here in Langley..You should know to call me..
Friday, September 02, 2011 9:05 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:vince, arent the powerslot's cryotreated?

mine are cryotreated, the difference between them and the baer's are the baers are usually drilled and crack like a mofo and are just plane junk. Im more a fan of my powerslots, selling them off the car once I get it back too.

you can order them normal but i always went with the cryotreated. I got an extra year out of mine treated vs not.

well, thats what i meant.... if the baer's were cryo'd maybe they'd last...

Friday, September 02, 2011 12:17 PM
idk i doubt it only because the baer's are still drilled and thats where they crack. not to mention on our setup's they REALLY arent offgassing enough to 100% justify slots or the drilled rotors.... It is however a very easy way to make something look and sound good to market it. Ever since I made the swap to the powerslots, ive never looked back and probably will put them on my truck soon. Id say Ill never switch from them but you know how that went!

Friday, September 02, 2011 1:56 PM
hmmmm well i guess i always wanted the drilled for the cooling effect but if it really doesnt help than i guess no need....

what about wilwoods, etc? they dont seem to have issues with cracking and have holes drilleed...

Friday, September 02, 2011 4:06 PM
For what its worth, sumnit racing has D/S rotors, Summit brand, on sale for 25 a piece for closeout
Friday, September 02, 2011 8:40 PM
where can i order these pads and rotors at online?

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class

Saturday, September 03, 2011 2:05 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:hmmmm well i guess i always wanted the drilled for the cooling effect but if it really doesnt help than i guess no need....

what about wilwoods, etc? they dont seem to have issues with cracking and have holes drilleed...

holes were put in them for off gassing, but like i said, ours dont get hot enough to where back before holes, the pads would get a gas barrier between the smooth rotor and pads and float. Just like heating the brakes up on any car now a days...

The reason willwoods have them as well as most higher dollar brake companies to is because they cast them with the holes in them. If they are cast with them, they wont crack, if they are drilled after they are cast, then they crack. Not to mention, especially for our car, the rotor is being gripped a lot farther out and there is a lot bigger circumference for it to rotate and self cool with the vanes on the inside.

Trey Reed wrote:where can i order these pads and rotors at online?

www.buybrakes.com usually has the lowest prices I can find. They also run specials on them every now and then.

Saturday, September 03, 2011 7:13 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:hmmmm well i guess i always wanted the drilled for the cooling effect but if it really doesnt help than i guess no need....

holes were put in them for off gassing, but like i said, ours dont get hot enough to where back before holes, the pads would get a gas barrier between the smooth rotor and pads and float. Just like heating the brakes up on any car now a days...

The reason willwoods have them as well as most higher dollar brake companies to is because they cast them with the holes in them. If they are cast with them, they wont crack, if they are drilled after they are cast, then they crack. Not to mention, especially for our car, the rotor is being gripped a lot farther out and there is a lot bigger circumference for it to rotate and self cool with the vanes on the inside.

Trey Reed wrote:where can i order these pads and rotors at online?

www.buybrakes.com usually has the lowest prices I can find. They also run specials on them every now and then.

thanks man much appreciated

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
Saturday, September 03, 2011 7:39 AM
I have the powerslots and hps pads....i think ive had the same set of rotors for the past 6 years...no grooves no warpage

Saturday, September 03, 2011 8:11 AM
awesome, good info vince.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search