Clunk in rear with OEM strut mounts - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clunk in rear with OEM strut mounts
Friday, September 16, 2011 8:13 AM
I recently installed the pro-kit with agx's along with front and rear strut mounts from mark @OEM and the fronts are fine but the rears clunk over bumps. I've added spacers for the struts and I can jump up and down in the trunk and have no noise. I think the problem is the two bolts underneath won't tighten fully. Do those bolts normal stop when they are fully tightened or not? If I needed to replace them for better ones what size are they? Thank you first time working on this.

"big boom big boom"-Adam Savage. "quack damn you"-Jamie Hyneman "mythbusters"

Re: Clunk in rear with OEM strut mounts
Friday, September 16, 2011 8:41 AM
Well I think I might know what the problem is I noticed its coming from the right rear only as far as I can tell...The problem I have noticed is that I can spin the spacers freely on that side while not on the other side...Im guessing I stripped either the bolt or the nut....What a way to start a new suspenion.

"big boom big boom"-Adam Savage. "quack damn you"-Jamie Hyneman "mythbusters"
Re: Clunk in rear with OEM strut mounts
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 7:27 PM
You're going to have to drill out the holes in the rear and put in some bigger bolts like I did to solve this problem.
Here's the way I did it.

http://www.misnblu.com/CambPltsNPillowInstallPage.html

You'll see what I did at or near the bottom of the page with the bolts and how I replaced Marks cheap spacers with some actual collars that are nice and heavy duty using Prothane collars for their control arm bushings.
Hope this helps.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search