Attn Slowzee - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Attn Slowzee
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 6:32 PM
Slowzee --- 09/14/11 wrote:I'll do the write up when I get time..... I've been on dad duty the past few days and just don't have the allotted time to do such at the moment

... are we ever going to get that ebrake cable write up?

Re: Attn Slowzee
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 8:52 PM
I've been wondering this as well but haven't bugged about it yet... I do say I miss my ebrake...

Discs are working perfectly still after what? 3 weeks of driving now.
Tuesday, October 04, 2011 10:32 PM
You bring up a valid point. My e-brake works, but it is a little hacked. If Slowzee doesn't get that write up soon, I am going to see if I can figure out a way to get it done right.

On a separate note, I just completed a 1,200 mile road trip complete with steep grades and high speeds. The brakes held up like a champ.

-I drive my car to work-
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 3:51 AM
I'll get on it tonight, jeffie told me the issue was taken care of....

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 4:09 AM
haha jeffie smokeith something... and its not plant or chemical based... lol

im really curious as to your "easy way" of installing before i make the ebrake brackets and attempt the install.. the car is my daily, so i'd like all my ducks in a row before i tear things apart

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 4:34 AM
Hasn't this been solved in the multiple swap threads?

I could have swore it was resolved.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:16 AM
It was resolved only to the point of, make the e-brake brackets ourselves and attempt the install.

That's as far as we got, that and a few pics of how roofy did his, lol.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 5:36 AM
Or swap to earlier e-brake cable?
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:35 AM
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:haha jeffie smokeith something... and its not plant or chemical based... lol

im really curious as to your "easy way" of installing before i make the ebrake brackets and attempt the install.. the car is my daily, so i'd like all my ducks in a row before i tear things apart

Why are you waiting? You car doesnt look like an 03+.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 7:53 AM
I did mine on the 03+. Just relocated the brackets to the trailing arm and thinned them out just enough for the cable to snap into place. Pretty simple.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 8:12 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=157121&t=157121 that guy has a 99... my originial post was a quote from that thread... so 03+ is not even a factor here...

Slowzee wrote:there's a trick to getting the cable hooked up right, and functioning like stock.

Taking the spring off the cable is NOT helping you at all.

any tech questions can be pmed to me, oh and I'm glad everyone is liking the product. I had a pretty tough time getting is all designed and what not.

thats what im looking for... i cant afford to down my car... which is why i wanted as much info as possible...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, October 05, 2011 8:14 AM

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 10:45 AM
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=157121&t=157121 that guy has a 99... my originial post was a quote from that thread... so 03+ is not even a factor here...

Slowzee wrote:there's a trick to getting the cable hooked up right, and functioning like stock.

Taking the spring off the cable is NOT helping you at all.

any tech questions can be pmed to me, oh and I'm glad everyone is liking the product. I had a pretty tough time getting is all designed and what not.

thats what im looking for... i cant afford to down my car... which is why i wanted as much info as possible...

Yes, mine is a 99, and it hooked up but absolutely no slack in the ebrake cable (opposite of the 03+ with too much) that is needed to set the ebrake. The ebrake mechanism on the caliper is over half way pulled up just to get the cable on. Would like to know the secret lol
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:09 PM
Wait, isn't this for only 2003-05 models that needs to be modified?
The 95-02 is just hooking it up and presto?

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:37 PM
have you guy tried adjusting the slack out of the cable in the e brake handle itself? there is adjusment nut in there.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:47 PM
idk... i was ready to go until i saw jordan's issues with his 99 and Slowzee's "there's an easy way of doing it" ... i'd like to know the secret too before i attempt it... (i'm also waiting on a clutch... so i have a little bit of time)

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 8:04 PM
I don't know if the ebrake handle will give me that much adjustment, but it will probably be something simple like that. I had forgotten about adjusting.. I never had to before lol. I'll check on that tomorrow, and if it is the solution (or if/when slowzee does the explaination) a Mod could possibly edit that into my writeup.. to avoid future confusion.
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 11:33 PM
Jordan wrote:I don't know if the ebrake handle will give me that much adjustment, but it will probably be something simple like that. I had forgotten about adjusting.. I never had to before lol. I'll check on that tomorrow, and if it is the solution (or if/when slowzee does the explaination) a Mod could possibly edit that into my writeup.. to avoid future confusion.

Or you could just go premium and edit the post yourself. As a side note my rear e-brake works great. Starts to engage little less than halfway pulled up on the lever. It will lock up the rears at 35 MPH if I pull it up all the way.

Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:18 AM
Roofy wrote:
Jordan wrote:I don't know if the ebrake handle will give me that much adjustment, but it will probably be something simple like that. I had forgotten about adjusting.. I never had to before lol. I'll check on that tomorrow, and if it is the solution (or if/when slowzee does the explaination) a Mod could possibly edit that into my writeup.. to avoid future confusion.

Or you could just go premium and edit the post yourself. As a side note my rear e-brake works great. Starts to engage little less than halfway pulled up on the lever. It will lock up the rears at 35 MPH if I pull it up all the way.
i didn't know you were able to edit posts that are nearly a month old =P

when the solution is posted, i'll edit it in to the write up...

Thursday, October 06, 2011 7:34 AM
So I got all the pictures taken and uploaded and started the write up. Should see something soon

Thursday, October 06, 2011 3:08 PM
roofy wrote:
Mystic02VA (GME Chat) wrote:Jeffie texted me and said someone posted up links to Crossdrilled and slotted saturn rotors... did i miss this post?

second of all... i ordered the calipers from advance with those partnumbers... where do i get the ebrake cable holders?

Only place I know of would be a junk yard. Or you could make your own. Just take a 1" by 3.5" piece of 5/16 thick steel, bend the one end about 4 5 degrees, and drill a hole the size of the e-brake cable to fit in the one end, and a small 5/16" hole on the other end to bolt it to the caliper or wherever you decide to mount it
anyone know exactly how big of a hole needs to be drilled for the e-brake cable to fit in the one end...

Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:14 PM
I can get pics later, but if u can measure your cable end where it snaps in with a dial caliper go a couple thousandths bigger than that

Thursday, October 06, 2011 9:48 PM
i dont have access to my car right now... i wanna make sure i have the correct sized drill bit... i also need to know the thread pitch of the bolt that holds the ebrake bracket to the caliper

Friday, October 07, 2011 12:20 PM
thread pitch for ebrake bracket to caliper... M10 x 1.25 ... the hole needs to be drilled with a 25/64th drill bit... the 5/16ths hole previously mentioned is way too small for the m10 bolt to fit through

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search