lowering and possible damages? - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: lowering and possible damages?
Monday, November 07, 2011 4:22 PM
Trey reeds car

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:31 PM
i plan on getting the shocks and struts. ive seen some tokikos i think thats how it was spelled. and i appreciate the humor. haha anyone have any experience with tokikos?
Wednesday, November 16, 2011 1:19 PM
User Chemical wrote:
Mike wrote:Trust me. I am the smartest person here. These guys are trying to get you to destroy your car. Lift it and you will be good.

this guy speaks the truth. Lifting is better, if your trans does fall out, you will be able to just drive over it and toss it in the trunk. If you were lowered and your trans fell out, I would suspect more damage.

This is true, I can change the tranny on my truck with all 4 wheels on the ground, only jack is used to lower the tranny down, no jacking it up and using jack stands. I do however have to lift the tranny off the jack and drag it out, it hits the frame when its on the jack, I guess it needs a few more inches of lift.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:44 PM
Yea Im sittin on the blues (gas shocks) with sportlines and no problems yet, and been on them for 2yrs now..Im looking to upgrade to the Dspecs by spring of next year witch will be an even better ride!! Good luck man..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search