Emergency brake - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Emergency brake
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 10:07 PM
Hey guys, just wanting too know if I am doing the right thing or if i should do it myself. I replaced my E-brake this summer and never got it adjusted, so I have an appointment booked with a brake shop to get it adjusted so it works. Is there any way I could do this myself. Cause it is going to cost me somewhere around $100.00 to get it adjusted. I am a student and would love if someone had a way so I can adjust it myself.

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?

Re: Emergency brake
Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:22 AM
pull the console and flip the lever up and pull a few times, that should take care of it. If your still lost the repair manuals at the parts store of the library will show you.
Re: Emergency brake
Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:17 PM
So i looked in a haynes manual and it says I should pull up on it a few times. and every time pull up as far as I can and it should set it. Do you know if adjusting the dial which is at a six o' clock position on the axle will tighten it? cause it still doesn't work. the repair shop said I might need to buy a whole new lever mechanism.

So I am going to get one from the pick n' pull and get a different one. Will a e-brake mechanism from a 2003 -2005 fit on my 2002?

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search