sway bar. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sway bar.
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 5:00 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to now whether or not I would be able too put a 2000 sunfire GT sway bar on 2002 sunfire SE?

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?

Re: sway bar.
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 5:22 PM
yes, just get all the corresponding frame bushings that match the diameter of the bar.
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 5:45 PM
sweet, It will be so nice. Is there a significant reduction in body roll? only drawback is a $100 wheel alignment...

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 6:06 PM
Jason Eichorst wrote:sweet, It will be so nice. Is there a significant reduction in body roll? only drawback is a $100 wheel alignment...

Shouldn't have to do a realignment after installing a sway bar.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 6:35 PM
DSMskyline wrote:
Jason Eichorst wrote:sweet, It will be so nice. Is there a significant reduction in body roll? only drawback is a $100 wheel alignment...

Shouldn't have to do a realignment after installing a sway bar.

Well you do drop the sub frame, which will change caster, camber and toe, unless you manage to bolt it back up exactly the same.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 6:39 PM
which is highly unlikely, we will have to see once I take it off the GT. Haven't exactly installed a sway bar before so I might just buy and then install it when i have someone with me that has done it before.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 6:41 PM
I havent dont the front bar, havent had the need to upgrade from my stock 22mm one. The rear bar was child's play though.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 7:01 PM
you can remove the sway bar without removing all the frame bolts. I left the 2 in the top and rocked it down enough to get the bar in and out, no probs with alignment.
Tuesday, November 08, 2011 7:47 PM
Thanks spencer!

Monday, December 12, 2011 9:43 AM
Have did my sway bar a few months ago upgraded to a addco front sway bar and I found it was easiest dropping the frame bolts all the way out and swinging the whole cradle piece down and it was quicker the only problem I had with mine was the steering wheel getting that straight cause its attached to the cradle and without the sway bar their the steering wheel wants to free rome .... But other than that it wasn't too bad took me about 1.5 hrs and took it to get it aligned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search