Grand Am Aluminum Control Arms - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Grand Am Aluminum Control Arms
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:43 PM
Quick couple of question, I was told a little while u can put Grand Am aluminum control arms on the Cavalier's and Sunfire's What year Grand Am do they come off?, and do they need any modfication to put them on our cars? any help, pic's or info is appreciated.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood

Re: Grand Am Aluminum Control Arms
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:10 PM
99 model year n-body only. can also find them on malibu's and i think impalas, also.. 99 model year only.

yes they bolt right up, no modding nessesary if you do not wish. they are, however exactly 1/2 inch longer than stock. you can either buy camber plates for you're stock suspension, slot ur strut tower bolts, or buy coilovers with camber plates already with them to adjust the top of the suspension out to compensate.

most fill the ball joint holes in with weld and lop 1/2 inch off then redrill holes for stock length.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 6:41 PM
ok good to kno, 1 of my friends is a tow truck driver and has discounts on parts, it was something that came up in 1 of our conversations tonite but I wanted to be sure what year and what needed to be done before I concidered the idea, that and I didn't put my poly bushings in yet because i moved over the summer and I was busy making projector headlights in the last few months but a definate after christmas mod, hopefully lol

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:30 PM
Has anyone installed them without cutting and remember the camber gain? Before they adjusted it out. I know what my minimum and maximum camber I can get with my struts and how much I want to run next season. And if this gains 2* then I dont have to make my slots bigger on my struts. or I'll eventually measure everything myself and do the math.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:33 AM
I am just waiting on my Tein SSs to get in then i am going to install with out cutting down the control arms. I am planning on measuring and taking pics of everything when I get it done. I have the Jeffie rear 1/2" brake adapter and I'll be throwing on 1/2" rear spacer to match the track up as well.

-I drive my car to work-
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search