suspension shifts - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
suspension shifts
Thursday, December 01, 2011 4:53 PM
i have been having some trouble with my suspension i wonder if its because i need new shocks or what. My suspension shifts from side to side when i shift or when im turning and idk y, i have it dropped on tein s springs have the control arm bushings and regular stock shocks. I do not know if its probably time for me to get new shocks or what. I have done my alignment and it still keeps on doing it. Hopefuly someone could give me a lead to what it might be. Thanx

Ernie

Re: suspension shifts
Friday, December 02, 2011 6:46 AM
erniscavi wrote:i have been having some trouble with my suspension i wonder if its because i need new shocks or what. My suspension shifts from side to side when i shift or when im turning and idk y, i have it dropped on tein s springs have the control arm bushings and regular stock shocks. I do not know if its probably time for me to get new shocks or what. I have done my alignment and it still keeps on doing it. Hopefuly someone could give me a lead to what it might be. Thanx

Ernie

well, since you SHOULD have gotten dampers to handle the drop in the first place, congratulations, you did it wrong, and now need to do the alignment again after getting either some d-specs or yellows.

this, kids, is why we don't drop on stock dampers.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, December 02, 2011 4:35 PM
stock shocks or not thats not going to make thing move like hes talking. Harsh ride, yes, parts shifting, no.
Friday, December 02, 2011 4:50 PM
Spencer wrote:stock shocks or not thats not going to make thing move like hes talking. Harsh ride, yes, parts shifting, no.
if the dampers don't dampen, the car will lurch turning a corner. weight shift will happen as well while shifting. putting the proper dampers on it, at the very least, will help in further diagnosis.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, December 02, 2011 5:39 PM
Could also be rear trailing ARM bushings allowing the ass end to shift side to side.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Monday, December 05, 2011 6:26 PM
Instead of doing it right the first time, now you can do it right the second time!

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Monday, December 05, 2011 7:05 PM
check for a broken bolt in the front bushing of the control arms, also make sure they are torqued properly. I had this issue and all i had to do was torque to spec, no more pull and clunk. But got thu all the bushing and check them just for good measure.
Monday, December 05, 2011 11:41 PM
Will do thanx
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search