ABS delete option - Page 5 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: ABS delete option
Thursday, October 07, 2010 4:23 PM
im pretty sure ALL of my stock mc fittings were exactly the same thread...

Underdog Racing

Thursday, October 07, 2010 4:33 PM
They were not.
Once the abs unit is removed from the master cylinder you've got two of the top ports that are threaded with the same threads while the bottom two are smooth bore units with some kind of thingamajig doomaflotchy doodad connection to the abs unit.
C'mon Brad, get off the bong man, and take a closer look.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Thursday, October 07, 2010 5:41 PM
james... i wasnt talking about anything to do with the MC. all of my LINES had the exact same threaded fittings. (that went INTO the MC)

and i dont smoke weed.

Underdog Racing
Thursday, December 08, 2011 2:22 PM
Well I've got a solution...I got pulled over by a cop over my exhuast, and he sent me for an inspection. My both abs wiring harnesses were shot, and I really didnt want ABS anyway, so I decided to cheat.

I tried the method with the electric abs motor coil saudered to the abs module connector, with no luck. I copied the directions exactly and made the device. Plugged it in, and with no surprise, my abs light didnt go out.

So then I decided to pull out my cluster. I took it to a friend of mine who was good at saudering L.E.D's, and I asked him to simply kill my abs l.e.d light circuit, and jump my oil pressure light to the abs l.e.d. All went perfect, except for one problem. I never thought about the bulb check enough, and when I showed up for my inspection, the mechanic turned the key forward, and the car did a bulb check, but the oil pressure light stayed on, along with the abs. I never thought about that. I should have ran it to my air bag l.e.d, or even my check engine, or any other l.e.d but the oil pressure, because when you put the key forward without starting the car, the oil pressure light will stay on because there is no oil pressure. He cought me, right in the act lol. He then tested my car on the road and locked my brakes to see if my abs would kick in, and it didnt. He was pretty pissed, and he was curious as to where I got it done.

If you'd like pictures just message me, I have some. I tried to post a picture but I havent figured out how. I would just recommend if you do this that you dont make my same mistake....WIRE IT TO ANYTHING BUT YOUR OIL PRESSURE LIGHT!!!!

In all this cost me 35$, and the time it took to remove the dash.
Thursday, December 08, 2011 3:22 PM
The motor trick is to turn the brake light off, not the ABS light.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Thursday, December 08, 2011 3:57 PM
@!#$...and the whole time I thought I landed on the perfect forum post haha. I must have misunderstood what the topic was on.
Thursday, December 08, 2011 4:04 PM
Most of us just put tape over the ABS light, since a scanner can't see it, they can't fail you for it. Not sure about other states but they won't fail you for an ABS light in NY anyway. The light was just annoying to have on all the time.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Thursday, December 08, 2011 4:41 PM
Here in Quebec we don't have yearly inspections. When they do inspections they arent at all like your typical yearly inspection. Their good for the life of the car until you get pulled over or a mechanic deems you not fit for the road. I work in New Brunswick as a mechanic, where they have yearly inspections, and it's a simple quick check to see if there's nothing loose or leaking and to make sure its safe. An abs light wont pass, however if I seen that it turned on and went off I wouldnt speculate that the owner jumped the light, and then go try the abs brakes outside while rolling 30 mph. The quebec inspection is pretty rough. Ive heard crazy stories, someone who failed cause they had a little card thing with a naked chick hanging off their rearview mirror, someone else who failed because their windshield washer fluid was empty. They even check your door bushings for @!#$ sakes lol...
Thursday, December 08, 2011 4:56 PM
Here in Quebec we don't have yearly inspections. When they do inspections they arent at all like your typical yearly inspection. Their good for the life of the car until you get pulled over or a mechanic deems you not fit for the road. I work in New Brunswick as a mechanic, where they have yearly inspections, and it's a simple quick check to see if there's nothing loose or leaking and to make sure its safe. An abs light wont pass, however if I seen that it turned on and went off I wouldnt speculate that the owner jumped the light, and then go try the abs brakes outside while rolling 30 mph. The quebec inspection is pretty rough. Ive heard crazy stories, someone who failed cause they had a little card thing with a naked chick hanging off their rearview mirror, someone else who failed because their windshield washer fluid was empty. They even check your door bushings for @!#$ sakes lol...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search