SWAY BAR BUSHINGS - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SWAY BAR BUSHINGS
Wednesday, December 28, 2011 6:26 PM
Hey guys, I am getting my parts together as far as suspension/brake setup. SO far I already ordered some Power Slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads, and Russell Brake lines. I will be ordering some prothane control arm bushings, lower engine mounts, and trans mounts. I wanted to upgrade the sway bars but it is too much money so I only want to upgrade the bushings. I have the 2002 ecotec. Where can I get some good and durable bushings to replace the stock? Thank you.

Re: SWAY BAR BUSHINGS
Wednesday, December 28, 2011 7:20 PM
moog standard replacement parts (from any autoparts store) for sway bar (either frame bushings or end links) are polyurethane.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, December 30, 2011 7:43 AM
you can get the standard universal "kit" at like advance auto parts, oreilly's, etc. from energy suspension. they are also polyurathane. just have to cut the bolt spacer down same size as our's. no big deal.

personally though, i feel that with so many people parting out these days you should be able to find some good, used aftermarket bars for cheap you should look into upgrading.

new they run from like $300 for a "kit" to like $120 a piece from like eibach or addco, usually. used probably half that, if you can find them.

doing the addco rear bar was one of the best suspension mod's i ever did to my car and plenty of others around here feel the same about rear bar's. it really is an outstanding upgrade.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Friday, December 30, 2011 10:22 AM
When you buy the moog endlinks watch out there are 2 part numbers that fit our cars. One has soft rubber bushings and the other has hard plastic. Mine has hard plastic now and thats what I'm putting back in it. The trouble with our cars for the bushings to the chassis is that in 02 there were 3 different bars you have in the car. I measured mine and I have a 22mm and I have a feeling that is what all the 02 ecos got. Which makes for a great auto-x setup if paired with the 24mm addco in the back.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Saturday, December 31, 2011 7:39 AM
Do you guys know what size in the sway bar of my 02 cavy ecotec? Where can I get a addco rear bar? If I could get a cheap one I will do such upgrade but I have seen them new and is just too much. Anybody knows the part number for the energy bushings? Thank you guys.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search