Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM - Page 5 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Fender Braces- Yep, Built by OEM
Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:21 PM
Stephen (manta z) wrote:Not trying to start anything hear but just adding points.. I think you guys are all hyped up on e-drenaline towards someone arguing and need to slow down and think more into what is being said by both sides. I for one can't say i've have a great experience with OEM, but i just don't buy his stuff and try to ignore posts.. cept this one blew up quick and had my curiosity lol

EvoFire wrote:A thought I have is that customers should not have to pay for a part to be coated. I know I have talked to Mark about this before.

TTR doesn't make you pay for them to powdercoat the k brace. Companies dont make you pay for them to powdercoat or paint a STB.
I didnt have to pay for my RKsport upper to be painted...Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. .

TTR's products are mainly raw steel, in which to save their ass its pretty much needed to be coated. So they just cover it in their costs to produce. OEM's parts that are aluminum really don't need to be coated. Some like to polish, or coat themselves or just leave them be. Aluminum oxidizes though and looks hideous when it does but this is most likely a reasoning..

z yaaaa wrote:what happened with exploited? what happened with izntrbl? what happened with all the other @!#$bag companies that have came and gone here? thats right, they @!#$ people over left and right. i dont see that happening with OEM, do you?

technically brad.. all those companies made good parts at first... then once they got backing from members, got too busy, then started @!#$ people over.. not saying that is OEM, just saying

z yaaaa wrote:sorry if OEM isnt your cookie-cutter dc sports, OBX, and AEM but dear god the cars have been dead for over 5 years, wtf do you expect?!

this excuse gets old, plenty of cars have "died" and still have support..

bradsk88 wrote:
EvoFire wrote:TTR doesn't make you pay for them to powdercoat the k brace. Companies dont make you pay for them to powdercoat or paint a STB..

If you actually believe that, you are a @!#$ retard. All of these companies factor that into their prices. No, shut up, yes they do.

what evofire is getting at is instead of having the option to have a better product, they just do it and factor in the costs.. but i touched on this already

just my take. I know at my work, on all the brackets/parts/pieces we manufacturer(aluminum or steel) we powder coat them no matter what.. If they want chrome or color match paint we do this as well, but we don't sell them raw because its easier/cheaper for us to get them powder coated. Our coater runs black every other day and for $65 no matter the load they will coat it black(semi-glossish) and that is what we do.. You can paint over it, recoat it, chrome it, whatever. Its still finished ready to install and wont rust/oxidize. To me this is what stands out to a customer's perception of a product. Having to select and pay "more" for it to last and be finished can determine if someone buys it or not. If your product comes finished already the second guessing normally isn't there.. Just my take on it. I try to avoid OEM topics anymore but I felt i had to say something here.

HUUUUU? Man I sent my headlights to Josh and it took him 7 months to send them back and they were junk. Oh and that was after calling him 47 times.

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/

Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:29 PM
OEM wrote:
John W wrote:You don't know my situation. You go pay almost 100 dollars for something that should come complete, but you are expected to finish his work. You want to suck his cock go ahead, but I don't need to nor want to. He sold me a half complete part and then walked away because "he was loosing money" as he said in his own damn words. Great customer service.

John, if you have an issue with the piece I made u still, please send the whole bar back and I will fit it properly. Sorry for the hassle.

John, I just called u twice. if you would like to resolve your situation give me a call........

Mark

Nah I will sell it all and walk away from it. I figure for almost 100 bucks it would have been done right to begin with, but whatever. You know I was unhappy because I told you so and you responded with "you are loosing money" so thats that.
Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:32 PM
And how about this for a thought: You have the original cap which fit, but needed ridges so it could be pulled off. Leave common thinking to others I guess.
Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:32 PM
stephen... how much business does your company do with the powdercoater though? sounds like you have ALOT more throughput and therefore likely get a better deal. i'd be willing to bet that OEM is not fabbing and selling enough parts to be able to do consistent batches daily with a powdercoater.

personally, i'd rather have the option of purchasing the part for a lower price. (as i'm sure most due) why pay for powdercoating (which let's face it, most companies offer 1-2 color options at most) if it's a color that you don't want. some customers like to go beyond the bolt on and add their own special touches. hell, OEM will even do that for you if you ask.

i applaud OEM for stepping up and making products that other companies aren't and products that other companies want ridiculous amounts of money for (AEM's clutch resevoir bracket comes to mind). His prices are reasonable (even if he is making 150% over cost). whether you agree or not, I ask you to name ANY other companies making new parts for the j-body.

and for the record, the only OEM part I have on my sedan is the clutch reservoir holder that he offered in a GP awhile back. there are others that i would like to (and likely will) purchase in the future. these braces are one of them.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:41 PM
i, for one, am glad i can get parts that are not powdercoated, because my engine scheme has two exotic powders, and i have my own coater that does this for me... getting a part uncoated cheaper is a deal for me. I care about the color scheme of my car.

john: do me a favor... the correct spelling is "L O S I N G" ... loosing is like being loose...ing ...

Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:55 PM
To the guys that ordered. Please let me know if you have any questions with the install. I have not had time to do a write up yet but will do so on my 2 weeks out of the office. If you have concerns please shoot me a PM so we can make this inferno go down to a flicker,lol.

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Thursday, May 13, 2010 8:03 PM
That seems to be your normal answer for everything. Just ignore the problem. Guess I will join the long list of people to right you off.
Thursday, May 13, 2010 8:05 PM
On behalf of all even mildly grateful customers.

Please do.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 8:06 PM
bradsk88 wrote:On behalf of all even mildly grateful customers.

Please do.

Yeah because those of us that got screwed don't count for @!#$.
Thursday, May 13, 2010 8:09 PM
Seems to me you got a bad PROTOTYPE, ONE OFF product that didn't work the first time, and you were unwilling to work with the seller at all.

So yeah.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 8:10 PM
I have worked with the seller quite a bit on this actually. This is not the first time I have had trouble with him, but let it go the first time.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 8:37 PM
john w... just what the hell part did you buy and what is the issue? id really love to know...

Don't know what ya got til they take it away...
Thursday, May 13, 2010 9:16 PM
John W wrote:
bradsk88 wrote:On behalf of all even mildly grateful customers.

Please do.

Yeah because those of us that got screwed don't count for @!#$.

Well how did you get screwed? I see a lot of complaining but not explanation. Post up what happened so everyone knows whats going on instead of you just trashing a company.

Friday, May 14, 2010 4:45 AM
strat81 wrote:I ask you to name ANY other companies making new parts for the j-body.

X2

People need to stfu and take it to pm.

Friday, May 14, 2010 6:20 AM
Mike wrote:
strat81 wrote:I ask you to name ANY other companies making new parts for the j-body.

X2

People need to stfu and take it to pm.

John W.- As a future buyer of quite a few parts from OEM, I too am interested in learning what part you ordered that was so horrible it screwed you over, I'm not attacking you btw, I am really curious and would like to know so I can either persuade myself to buy from Mark or not. Please post up details on said horrible part or take it to PM dude.

Friday, May 14, 2010 8:06 AM
Any issues I've ever had, I've taken it up with Mark, explained to him what the problems were, and fixed them.
You know, I don't mind getting a part that doesn't fit quite perfectly because I have it within my self that I can actually modify the part or make it work to my liking if necessary.
Maybe sometimes we forget how to forge your own destiny with our cars and creativity is gone.
Everybody wants everything to fit perfectly but that ideal is never going to happen, well mostly.

I can say that I've been very happy with OEM's products and even though some things haven't been perfect, I called up or PM Mark to let him know where he can improve the product so that others don't have a similar situation.
Like Spence stated, we're happy that someone has come along to try to help this dying platform with parts that no one else wants to tackle anymore, especially our Jbody.
Again, thanks Mark.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Sunday, May 16, 2010 12:01 PM
i know i agree go to pm with mark and try to figure out something to fix it privately every dealing i have had with mark was great.....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:53 PM
recieved mine today, they look great! itll be a little while before i get to install but i'm stoked. im a bit unsure what to do with all this hardware though. looks like some of it is to replace the old door hinge hardware? dunno what to do with the clips though. either way they look great.

thanks again mark.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 9:11 PM
anybody else tried to install there's?

Anything worth doing is worth over doing.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010 9:11 PM
tried?

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 9:12 PM
well... installed? lol

i tried, and failed.

Anything worth doing is worth over doing.

Thursday, May 27, 2010 3:13 AM
Mine will be in as soon as i get my damn dremel back.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Thursday, May 27, 2010 4:00 PM
i might actually get to it this weekend. still havent figured out the clips. but maybe its just something i'm not seeing in my head without the fenders off? lol.

z yaaaa wrote:i tried, and failed.

out of curiousity, what made you fail?

Monday, June 14, 2010 12:33 PM
Sooo, it's been almost three weeks since the last post in this topic, anyone manage to get them installed and want to say how easy/hard it was and what kind of results they yielded?
Monday, June 14, 2010 4:11 PM
Richard K wrote:Sooo, it's been almost three weeks since the last post in this topic, anyone manage to get them installed... ?

not i. havent had the time.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search