AIR RIDE - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AIR RIDE
Monday, December 26, 2011 7:37 AM
I have a 98 cavalier with the drift body kit looking at air ride whats the best setup? also can anyone post pics slammed all the way down and pics with it all the way up. i tow my car to shows that are long drives but i have hell putting it on trailer thats why i'm looking at air ride to make easier to get on trailer.

Re: AIR RIDE
Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:56 AM
man the drift kit is a low hanger to begin with. As far as max lift it still might not be enuough to clear the trailer well. I knew someone that had machined billet spacer to raise up the body from teh strut mounts. A body lift if you will.
Tuesday, December 27, 2011 12:45 PM
best bet is a low loading trailer with ramps to your ramps. air is nice but honestly its for going lower not realy higher. most systems raise to a 1-2" factory drop. meaning if your car wont clear with a 1-2" drop it wont clear with a air ride setup.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 1:38 PM
I have a show car right now and i also have air ride. air ride is going to give you a 4-5 inches of movement. You can put metal spacers between your struts and the car to raise the car over all and i would recommend this. I am going to make metal spacers this winter for my car because i am getting sick of being too low at times. If i don't make the spacers i may just sell it all and go with coil-overs.

here is an imagine not all the way down but 50% down. you just can`t beat that look.

another picture

Thursday, December 29, 2011 3:41 PM
cone wrote:I have a show car right now and i also have air ride. air ride is going to give you a 4-5 inches of movement. You can put metal spacers between your struts and the car to raise the car over all and i would recommend this. I am going to make metal spacers this winter for my car because i am getting sick of being too low at times. If i don't make the spacers i may just sell it all and go with coil-overs.

here is an imagine not all the way down but 50% down. you just can`t beat that look.

another picture

what size rim are you running? this picture is great help to me cus im running this same kit
Friday, December 30, 2011 5:04 AM
i am running 17`s.
Friday, December 30, 2011 7:02 AM
im liking the rx8 tailights
Friday, December 30, 2011 7:18 AM
Yep... I had ground controls.... bought the best of the best airride..... and am not back on ground controls..... hated it! Doesn't go up far enough to get on anything!

Friday, December 30, 2011 1:52 PM
Snowman wrote:im liking the rx8 tailights

Thanks snow man, i was debating between the Honda 2000 or the rx8 and i am happy i went rx8 because i seen someone else of the forums had done the Honda 2000.
Friday, December 30, 2011 1:53 PM
jason norwood wrote:Yep... I had ground controls.... bought the best of the best airride..... and am not back on ground controls..... hated it! Doesn't go up far enough to get on anything!

your right, that why i am making spacers or i am selling my air ride.
Friday, December 30, 2011 7:29 PM
just get more ramps, unless you like adjusting your coilovers when you want on the trailer :/

Saturday, December 31, 2011 11:17 AM
Thanks guys for the advice i'm running coilovers now but it sucks to raise the car up every time to get on trailer and it still barely clears i also been looking into race ramps that u can add to the factory trailer ramps to make a longer slope. I might still do air ride for looks tho who has the best kit out. and if anyone is sellin there setup.
Saturday, December 31, 2011 11:58 AM
i think air lift is the only game in town anymore.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 1:09 AM
Airbagit.com has a kit that looks very nice but as far as I know no one has any experience with it.

Sunday, January 01, 2012 7:49 AM
i though they were discontinued? Also they arent as low as air lift is, at least the old air lift anyway.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 9:52 AM
Thanks i will check out the airbagit and airlift does easystreet still make there kit or is it the same as air lift.
Sunday, January 01, 2012 10:29 AM
airlift and easystreet are the same company
Sunday, January 01, 2012 1:10 PM
Spencer wrote:i though they were discontinued? Also they arent as low as air lift is, at least the old air lift anyway.

site said available. i have not called directly. no clue on drop and all that. i personally was eyeing the alero/grand am kit for my irs. if i did.

http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/fbs-che-30-kit3.htm

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search