Here are coilovers with a concern. - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Here are coilovers with a concern.
Saturday, December 31, 2011 2:51 PM
These are not the drop zone coil--overs, but i also don't know who the hell makes them, some dude today was putting full coil-overs on his car and the only have like 15 miles on the he said. he put them on and rolled out and found full coil-overs in his price range the same day! so i took them, but it concerns me on how small the look ... they're not even taller to revert the diameter on the spring. Am I okay with these until i get the money together for the BG's or should I junk these?

-Keen-

Re: Here are coilovers with a concern.
Saturday, December 31, 2011 3:15 PM
No included dampers = junk.

Error: Sig not found.

Saturday, December 31, 2011 3:19 PM
Look like cheap off brand coil over sleeves from ebay.

I wouldnt put them on the car.....

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Saturday, December 31, 2011 4:37 PM
garbage.,... looks universal.. way to small (short) for jbodies.

Saturday, December 31, 2011 5:05 PM
certainly look like knock off ebay coils. they have no business being on any car.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, December 31, 2011 5:07 PM
Mk, what if I junk the springs and set bigger springs on the little silver pieces? Junk still?
Saturday, December 31, 2011 6:30 PM
Tinkles(Boost Face) wrote:No included dampers = junk.

not necessarily, eibach/ground controls are just a spring setup and work rather well for us.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Saturday, December 31, 2011 6:44 PM
So can I just buy new springs and fit them on the adjustable part of these?
Saturday, December 31, 2011 7:00 PM
Christopher Yohn wrote:So can I just buy new springs and fit them on the adjustable part of these?
there'd be no point. any DECENT spring of this type would come with it's own adjusters.

Saturday, December 31, 2011 7:06 PM
Oh okay then, I shall wait as I suggested to myself earlier

Saturday, December 31, 2011 8:03 PM
yeah man, i bought those, put them one drove home, next day had them taken off and they are junk now, worthless, get some eibach springs or some ground controls, or if you want to save up some money, get the tein basics or the tein ss.

Modding my j since I found the org
Monday, January 02, 2012 6:09 PM
I have the Koni sports springs and struts and they are definently worth the money spent I went cheap before and it was a mistake rough ride and bouncyness ...
Monday, January 02, 2012 8:47 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
Tinkles(Boost Face) wrote:No included dampers = junk.

not necessarily, eibach/ground controls are just a spring setup and work rather well for us.

But those also aren't "coil overs".

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Monday, January 02, 2012 9:51 PM
Yeah but I would still take a spring over a coilover u lower a coilover too low and u get that bounce and hard ride back and it looks like that ghetto hack job people do by heating or cutting the springs...
Monday, January 02, 2012 10:14 PM
Lance Detwiler wrote:Yeah but I would still take a spring over a coilover u lower a coilover too low and u get that bounce and hard ride back and it looks like that ghetto hack job people do by heating or cutting the springs...

Your stupid, height has nothing to do with how good or bad a car rides. Not one clue about suspension what so ever.

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 9:24 PM
Ok how bout when some people lower the car so far down that they bottoming out have had bad experiences with a coilover setting too low and got a really crappy ride and bounce outta of it .... On my Koni yellow setup with Koni springs it gives it a nice drop but doesn't give it a bouncy ride nor does it handle like crap...
Tuesday, January 03, 2012 10:05 PM
cheap coilovers give cheap rides... my car is lowered without even messing with my shock travel

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 4:17 AM
Lance Detwiler wrote:Ok how bout when some people lower the car so far down that they bottoming out have had bad experiences with a coilover setting too low and got a really crappy ride and bounce outta of it .... On my Koni yellow setup with Koni springs it gives it a nice drop but doesn't give it a bouncy ride nor does it handle like crap...

If anyone on this site is close to having that problem, it is AZNCAV.

Error: Sig not found.

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 9:03 AM
I don't think I'm even close to bottoming out, but I can say my inner fenders are not to happy with me. Lol

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 9:52 AM
Lance Detwiler wrote:Ok how bout when some people lower the car so far down that they bottoming out have had bad experiences with a coilover setting too low and got a really crappy ride and bounce outta of it .... On my Koni yellow setup with Koni springs it gives it a nice drop but doesn't give it a bouncy ride nor does it handle like crap...

so you do an improper adjustment/install, and it gives you issues? you don't say...

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 12:23 PM

With the Teins or some other coilovers you can set them too low and get a crappy ride, however with the B&G and STD coilovers you can lower or raise the car 2 ways. They have the conventional adjustable spring perches like the Teins, this can allow the strut to bottom out if they are slammed because the strut travel is moved in relation to the spring perch(crappy ride)...the B&G and STD's actually have the mounts the bolt to the car adjustable and can move up and down the strut body, at full lowness of this part of the adjust-ability the strut/spring relation are untouched and will ride the same as if they were lifted. By far a better design.

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 7:15 PM
Ok and I will say u guys made good points but what will ride better great struts with crappy springs or oem struts with really good coilovers .....
Wednesday, January 04, 2012 7:26 PM
if you lower at all you shouldnt use oem struts, also the words crappy springs doesnt belong in a sentence when speaking of suspension.
Wednesday, January 04, 2012 8:09 PM

reall good "coilovers" have no need for any kind of struts. why? well ill leave that for you to find out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, January 04, 2012 9:51 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search