HELP ABS module wiring - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP ABS module wiring
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:38 PM
1996 Z24 autotrans, the car has both brake(red) and ABS(yellow) warning lamps on, all the time, this happened after jump starting a lady´s car.Now I have no electricity in any of the six wires on the ABS module, someone please let me know which color wire should be hot when switch is in on. Plan is to follow it and see if it is broken somewhere or corroded. BTW already checked all fuses, relays and tried to scan it bit there is no reading since the module has no current it can not communicate with the scanner. Any help much appreciated.

Re: HELP ABS module wiring
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 1:50 PM
Check the abs fuse.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:10 PM
First thing done, several times already..."BTW already checked all fuses, relays ..."
Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:28 AM
Did you swap the fuse or just look at it? If it happened after doing a jump you blew a fuse or the module. It would be a massive coincidence if you got a broken wire right after a jump.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Friday, January 13, 2012 2:27 PM
You were right it was a fuse, identified as ERLS (who knows what that meas....?) I had checked all other ABS and related fuses, not the ERLS I did not know it was related to the ABS and transmission. Thanks.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search