brake fitting sizes - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
brake fitting sizes
Thursday, January 12, 2012 6:48 PM
Ok, I read through all the threads related to SS brake lines, MC fitting sizes, etc. Looking for some verification and suggestion.

I decided while I had my motor bay stripped for painting, I'd clean up and MC and distro block (non ABS) and replaces the two lines connecting them as they are getting junky looking.
First, I am wondering if I measured my fitting sizes correctly. I am coming up with both fittings on the rear of the distro block being 10mmx1.5, one fitting on the MC being 10mmx1.5, and the other MC fitting being 11mmx1. Does this sound correct?
Second, does it make much difference between running -3an or -4an line (I will be using specified brake SS line)? I was going to use -3an since that is the closest size to stock, but I'm finding more selection in adapter fittings for -4an.
Third, where is everyone finding their fittings? I am finding several options for the 10mm x 1.5 to -3(or 4) an...but not so much for the 11mm x 1 fitting. I've checked Earl's, Aeromotive, etc..and unless I missed them, I'm not seeing them. Am I better of drilling and tapping that one fitting to 1/4 npt?

Thanks in advance.

Re: brake fitting sizes
Friday, January 13, 2012 8:16 AM
I've never seen an 11mm thread on any brake system. It's probably 12mm like all the other GM MCs.

I normally get all my specialty fittings from Pegasus Auto Racing. If they don't have it listed on the page, call them and they can get it.

-3 or -4 doesn't really matter in this type of application. The only real difference will be how much fluid you have to add, since -4 will obviously require more.

Sunday, January 15, 2012 7:33 AM
The Gm parts book is showing

#11561640 - M10x1.0

#11516740 - M11x1.5
Sunday, January 15, 2012 9:52 AM
Interesting.

Sunday, January 15, 2012 6:38 PM
truth i found this out when i was working with the master last year looking to remove the ABS.
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 1:18 PM
I was able to get m10x1.0 to -3an fittings when I deleted my abs.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search