Upgraded Neon rear rotors (Wilwood?) - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Upgraded Neon rear rotors (Wilwood?)
Thursday, February 09, 2012 3:56 PM
Does anybody know if there is a slotted and cross drilled Neon rear rotor that looks similar to the Wilwood rotor's used in the Cavalier front brake kit?

I just purchased the front Wilwood kit and I am doing a Neon SRT-4 rear disc conversion as well. I have done some searching and didn't find much. Just wanting to see what everyone else is using. Please post pictures if you have them. Thanks in advance.

Re: Upgraded Neon rear rotors (Wilwood?)
Thursday, February 09, 2012 4:11 PM
idk how similar they are but here are my neon baer decelarotors ...

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Thursday, February 09, 2012 4:13 PM
Sweet. They look pretty nice. How expensive were they? I want to get rotors and pads while I am in the process of having my rear components machined, bead blasted and powder coated black.

Thursday, February 09, 2012 4:22 PM
oh god... its been a few years man hahaha um.. maybe $250 for the rotors? i think like $75 for the pads?

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Thursday, February 09, 2012 4:35 PM
Found them on Amazon.

$121.33 Free Shipping.

Thursday, February 09, 2012 4:37 PM
Really want the look? find the right centers and the right outers to make willwood 2 pieces for them. I bet you can make them, but you would be the first.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, February 09, 2012 6:14 PM
Thursday, February 09, 2012 6:59 PM
Leafy wrote:Really want the look? find the right centers and the right outers to make willwood 2 pieces for them. I bet you can make them, but you would be the first.

This was my original thought. I think I will try to give them a call tomorrow. Maybe we could get replacement calipers and rotors for the neon srt4 swap. How sweet would that be?

Thursday, February 09, 2012 8:13 PM
I did the same thing with my Baer fronts and neon rears. I matched the neon rears to the baers with some srt rotors from ebay.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, February 10, 2012 3:54 AM
i was actually looking into seeing what it would take to do a legit wilwood setup for the rear to match the fronts im buying.......need a little time

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, February 10, 2012 6:01 AM
Since I don't have my tax return or sold my OEM brake kit yet.... Time is all I have lol

Friday, February 10, 2012 7:59 AM
ill keep you in the loop as details progress

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, February 10, 2012 9:53 AM
The Jew wrote:i was actually looking into seeing what it would take to do a legit wilwood setup for the rear to match the fronts im buying.......need a little time
FYI, I've been working on this, but their selection of rotors that would work for the rear is rather limited. Mostly larger rotors. I'm looking at other two-piece rotor manufacturers right now.

Friday, February 10, 2012 10:49 AM
I know of a "Legit Rear Wilwood" setup for the rears.
And you can even keep your OEM ebrake.
PM me for details, or look in my profile.
Its a 12.4" rear rotor.
Friday, February 10, 2012 12:54 PM
Well after calling Wilwood directly they do not offer anything that will ling up with the SRT4 components.

I did find this article onmline though..

Neon rear brake options

Friday, February 10, 2012 1:18 PM
Bobby Higgins wrote:I know of a "Legit Rear Wilwood" setup for the rears.
Its a 12.4" rear rotor.

nothing "legit" about that.... want legit look in MY profile.... and/or search wilwood rear brakes...i have lots of pics up on here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, February 10, 2012 1:18 PM

Friday, February 10, 2012 1:36 PM
EvoFire (Wilwoods on all 4) wrote:
Bobby Higgins wrote:I know of a "Legit Rear Wilwood" setup for the rears.
Its a 12.4" rear rotor.

nothing "legit" about that.... want legit look in MY profile.... and/or search wilwood rear brakes...i have lots of pics up on here.

Yes but If I remember correctly your not providing anyone with part numbers or any information on how to obtain a similar setup. Pictures do me no good unless it is something I can actually get my hands on.

All I really want is a rear Wilwood caliper that will directly bolt onto my Neon SRT4 braket in replace of the stock caliper. I found some black drilled and soltted rotors that look similar to the Wilwood kit I just purchased for my project.

Friday, February 10, 2012 4:30 PM
we all know how awesome your rear brakes are let the man build his. None of them are "legit" if you look at it, according to your other threads whoever made your setup fabricated some parts too. So if you mean "legit" as bought not built then no one has a legit kit. I for one would love to see a caliper bracket made to adapt a wilwood caliper to a neon rotor/bracket setup. I could give two sh its about an off the shelf "package deal" as long as its got a wilwood caliper and a worth a damn rotor youve got all you need. Two piece composite rotors dont make it stop any better, but i suppose does give bragging rights.

maybe OEM can speak up here, this would make me conside not going to IRS. (unless i find a caliper kit for a grans am )
Friday, February 10, 2012 4:35 PM
Spencer wrote:we all know how awesome your rear brakes are let the man build his. None of them are "legit" if you look at it, according to your other threads whoever made your setup fabricated some parts too. So if you mean "legit" as bought not built then no one has a legit kit. I for one would love to see a caliper bracket made to adapt a wilwood caliper to a neon rotor/bracket setup. I could give two sh its about an off the shelf "package deal" as long as its got a wilwood caliper and a worth a damn rotor youve got all you need. Two piece composite rotors dont make it stop any better, but i suppose does give bragging rights.

maybe OEM can speak up here, this would make me conside not going to IRS. (unless i find a caliper kit for a grans am )

I was just typing this. Big brake kits are just a caliper rotor and bracket. Get someone to design a bracket for you or do it yourself. Done deal.

Friday, February 10, 2012 4:48 PM
Once again, I am simply trying to figure out if there is a Wilwood caliper that will work with a 03-05 Neon SRT4 rear brake setup. If I wanted a custom bracket made I would go that route. Personally I like the neon setup. I like the backing plate and the fact that once the bracket is modified its pretty much bolt and go.

I called Wilwood to ask about direct replacement calipers they said no. Is there anyway a rear combination caliper will work? I am wanting to keep my parking brake. Yes I am an automatic and no I do not "need" an E-Brake but, I like functionality. That is whole reason I swapped back from a fiber glass body kit to the stock LS Sport look. being plastic/rubber it will take more abuse/flex and still look clean.

I read on this one neon site that a Wilwood Forged Dynapro caliper works for a rear brake caliper. This wasnt specific to neons or working just that there was a similar rear caliper that looked like the front ones. I just need to get some spec's and start matching things up.

Friday, February 10, 2012 5:16 PM
well you probably wont find a direct bolt on wilwood caliper, the adapter is almost a must. Like the adapter theat OEM makes for his kit.

Friday, February 10, 2012 5:26 PM
Spencer wrote:well you probably wont find a direct bolt on wilwood caliper, the adapter is almost a must. Like the adapter theat OEM makes for his kit.

Good thinking. I just sent Mark a text let's see what he says.

Friday, February 10, 2012 5:31 PM
NOOOOOO dont disturb him till he finished my tie rod ends lol
Saturday, February 11, 2012 10:22 AM
Well I stopped by S&R performance today. They think we should be able to use a Wilwood caliper in addition to the SRT4 setup. I am going to order my rotors and once they are received they are going to make the measurements and see what can be used. The current thought was to use a Wilwood single piston caliper in the back. The cost would be around a $115 per caliper. Then what S&R would do would be to develop a bracket to mount the caliper to the rear SRT4 bracket.

Stand by hopefully more information to come in a week or two.

Saturday, February 11, 2012 3:58 PM
i'd be in for this

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search