air strut leak - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
air strut leak
Sunday, January 08, 2012 4:53 PM
the rubber in the center of the top hat has dry rotted. is ther any way to remove and replace this part.

Re: air strut leak
Sunday, January 08, 2012 6:57 PM
what kind of strut is that?
Monday, January 09, 2012 3:40 AM
its a easy street front strut. the kind with the sleeve bag. i have about 30,000 daily driven miles on them in a two year time.
Monday, January 09, 2012 3:43 AM
spencer i believe its the same strut you have. i did the strut mod a while back after seeing yours. bigz 02 lowrider build was the topic. there are more photos of the struts there
Monday, January 09, 2012 4:49 PM
oh ok , i havent taken the tops off of mine yet. Call AirLift and see if you can get the parts you need. I talked to Jeremy about upper parts for the old style and was very helpful. Not sure if hes still there tho. You might call Mike at Gaugemagazine.com.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:40 AM
i needed new sleeves. i hit up air lift they told me i needed new bags. they charged me 110 plus 15 shipping. it was super easy to replace, just had to knock it off with a hammer and slide the new one on. the next week i ordered the other side, good thing too. i pulled it apart and the samething was happening. it only took two days to get to maryland. the only part that sucked was the fact that they changed the aluminium parts from silver to red. my color scheme is silver and lime green, so they kinda look out of place now, but im back on the road though.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:00 AM
good to hear, did you document the procedure for the future?
Friday, February 10, 2012 7:41 PM
i have taken that shiv apart so many times now i could do it with my eyes shut
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search