k brace and sub frame braces - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
k brace and sub frame braces
Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:09 PM
Lookin for both a k brace and a sub frame brace to run the new seat belts ....

Re: k brace and sub frame braces
Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:40 PM
What?

TTR makes subframe braces, but what does that have to do with seat belts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:42 PM

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Sunday, February 26, 2012 8:04 PM
I wanna run a 5 point racing harness to go with my racing seats I got and get rid of all the oem belts
Sunday, February 26, 2012 8:06 PM
I wanna run a 5 point racing harness to go with my racing seats I got and get rid of all the oem belts I bought a daily driver and their will he even more time and work going into this car working on getting the last few pieces for the m62 that's goin on my Eco
Monday, February 27, 2012 1:01 AM
First, this belongs in interior...

Second, the two items you are asking about have nothing to do with seatbelts. You're asking for a harness bar. The only two manufacturers I know of that had a bolt in option discontinued those.

Third, how do intend to run the harnesses? If you are planning to go straight to the floor after going through the seat holes, it is too steep an angle and can cause more injury than with the stock seatbelts.

Fourth, if you get in an accident on a public roadway and sustain injuries, unless your harnesses are dot approved, don't expect an easy process afterwards. Unapproved or improper safety equipment + insurance companies = oil and water.

Lastly, if this car is being built for show use only, ignore point 3 and 4.

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:29 AM
More importantly running a harness without at the very least a rollbar is asking for death should you ever end up in a roll over or have a large vehicle hit your car.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Monday, February 27, 2012 3:47 PM
I want the belts more for look then anything no to be used on a everyday basis but if I were to use them everyday is their any suggestions or anything that I could do to have it fully functional still be safe and not build a full roll bar system...
Monday, February 27, 2012 3:50 PM
No you need at the very least a rollbar there is no way around it. even then tho I wouldn't use them on the street.

Monday, February 27, 2012 3:50 PM
As for the k brace where to find them and what are the advantages of having them and does anyone have pics of where the aftermarket sway bars go for the rear I am still new to a lot of this but still wanna do a lot of upgrading just not sure what else to do suspension wise to stiffen it up even more
Monday, February 27, 2012 3:56 PM
Ttr had a K brace and I sell a sub frame connector. As for your questions on the sway bar one you get one in your hands you'll see how it goes.

Monday, February 27, 2012 4:10 PM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:Ttr had a K brace and I sell a sub frame connector. As for your questions on the sway bar one you get one in your hands you'll see how it goes.

yea the teh jeffie subbrace works great when he sends the brackets with it hahaha. me need them brackets too jeffie.

Monday, February 27, 2012 4:47 PM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:No you need at the very least a rollbar there is no way around it. even then tho I wouldn't use them on the street.

At a minimum, a harness bar that connect the two upper seat belt mounting points to the two lower mount points. Even then, getting hold of one is going to be difficult, however it would be adequate for show use.

Roll cage with harness mounts would be better and would be safer for public roadway use.

For the rear sway: Progress, Addco, Hellwig, and Eibach makes (or made... if they haven't been discontinued also) a rear sway... They all mount similarly, just with minor differences in the mounting points... Pics in the following links

Progress: http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=48&t=30468&a=2

Addco: http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&t=123438&a=1

Hellwig: http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=146340&t=146292

Eibach: http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=146292&t=146292

Monday, February 27, 2012 5:43 PM
Well the plans for power is the m62 kit if that helps on a deciding factor of what I should do with the belts I have a stock pulley goin on and would like to run the heat exchanged I got...as for the suspension so far I am running the ttr sway bar links the addco front sway bar with poly mounts I have the complete Koni yellow set up and have the front upper and rear upper strut bars just trying to get a lot better and stiffer handling out of the car through braces and strengthining of the the rest of the suspension and other thought or input about what u guys think I could do I am still open to thoughts.... Thanks for your guys help so far much appreciated as for the floor brace ( the ones the go in the interior) whatare they generally used for....

Jeffie pm me or let me kno what everything usually runs about price wise for the kbrace..
Monday, February 27, 2012 5:54 PM
Lance Detwiler wrote:I want the belts more for look then anything no to be used on a everyday basis but if I were to use them everyday is their any suggestions or anything that I could do to have it fully functional still be safe and not build a full roll bar system...

I plan on running harness in the future with a roll bar, but they will only be used for when i am autocrossing. On the street i'll use the stock seatbelts.

Error: Sig not found.

Monday, February 27, 2012 9:34 PM

Rallye 3 ASM - Schroth Racing Harnesses

Schrotch Racing Rallye 3 are your best choice for a harness without roll/harness bars. I've called them, and these are what they suggested. Just make sure you order the proper side(s).

Good Luck.

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Monday, February 27, 2012 9:59 PM
Hmm thanks racer that helps do u know about what they cost each or by set???
Monday, February 27, 2012 10:48 PM
$169 per side at Soloperformance.com with free US Shipping. Order from them unless one of our forum vendors can get these items to you.

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:26 AM
Chelotus Racer wrote:$169 per side at Soloperformance.com with free US Shipping. Order from them unless one of our forum vendors can get these items to you.

WE can

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:38 PM
Club Teh Jeffie wrote:Ttr had a K brace and I sell a sub frame connector. As for your questions on the sway bar one you get one in your hands you'll see how it goes.

We still do:

http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=5070

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:43 PM
Overkill how would u go about getting them and are they any cheaper....

Turbo tech..... I have bought from u guys before what is the price on the kbrace and color...
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:26 PM
Lance DetwilerTurbo tech..... I have bought from u guys before what is the price on the kbrace and color...[/quote wrote:

Yeah, um..... just click the link Aaron was so kind to leave for you.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:48 AM
^lolz

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:29 AM
Lance Detwiler wrote:Overkill how would u go about getting them and are they any cheaper....

Turbo tech..... I have bought from u guys before what is the price on the kbrace and color...

Ill let you know in a bit.

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:37 AM
Chelotus Racer wrote:$169 per side at Soloperformance.com with free US Shipping. Order from them unless one of our forum vendors can get these items to you.

And with them if you are an scca member you get 10% off, IRRC. If you dont want to put in a harness bar I would suggest going to the rear decklid with some reinforcement added to it. Other car forums have some good write ups for that. IRRC a good one was on an rx7 forum.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:43 PM
Help me understand why exactly it is bad to run a harness straight thru the seats and down to the seat bolts? I e seen lots of people do it that way.

GMR has got nothing on this
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search