strut choice - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
strut choice
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:05 AM

Hey all.

Just one question. I have a stock suspension on my car and recently I purchased a set of Eibach pro coils and have been doing some research about what type of struts I can put them on. I have frequented the Suspension FAQ page and from my understanding I should be able to put my newly aquired coils on my stock struts with no problem at all right? Last I check they were sensatrac struts.

Now I am not looking too lower my car for looks, but am lowering it to help with the stability of my car in corners and what not. I know eventually I will be installing a rear and front sway bar but for the time being just lookign into the shock/strut issue

Thanks guys. Jason

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?

Re: strut choice
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:34 AM
If you read the suspension FAQ, and it told you that you can use stock struts with lowering springs, go ahead and do it.

If you ACTUALLY read the suspension FAQ, you would have learned that you need to install struts that will handle a mild drop.
Check Tokico and/or Koni. A lot of guys around here are running either of those on their Eibach pro-kits / sportlines.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:23 PM
Agreed with above.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:28 PM
if you are sticking with the pro kit ild say agx kyb's or tokiko blues, should suffice, but if you are dropping it a bit more then go with the twenty4z options as they will handle bigger drop.

Modding my j since I found the org
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:43 PM
Ok i guess I misunderstood it a bit then. thanks for correcting me.

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search