brake pedal chatter/vibration... after new rotors, calipers, pads - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
brake pedal chatter/vibration... after new rotors, calipers, pads
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:59 AM
I've been having a front brake issue for a while now, and even after all new Wagner rotors, a caliper replacement w/ ceramic pads... i get good brake performance for about a day, then it feels like i'm back to square one. Sometimes it vibrates when i pump the brakes at slow speeds of 20mph, and they really seem to overheat quickly.

Is it the hub or suspension related? Help!

Re: brake pedal chatter/vibration... after new rotors, calipers, pads
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:41 PM
Same thing happened to me with my EBC's when I did them last summer. something about the alignment of the rotor & not breaking in the pads/rotors correctly. caused uneven wear, so i have vibrations from highway speeds down to 20 ish mph, they go away if you slam the breaks though
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:32 PM
i would probably have replaced the hoses too. But check for rotor runout and corrosion on the hub.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:35 PM
the hubs did look a bit corroded but I doubt that's causing it, I scraped down the surface and cleaned it so that it's smooth.

I literally have to creep up to stop signs so I don't get those vibrations, and this is a full two days after putting in new rotors.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:04 PM
Spencer wrote:i would probably have replaced the hoses too. But check for rotor runout and corrosion on the hub.

this^^^

Friday, March 02, 2012 9:52 AM
also check for thickness variation in the rotor, i know you said they are new but like Jordan if they weren't broke in properly this can cause thickness variation

150.0 DB, Loudest in Atlantic Canada, Street Class A.
Next year 155 DB
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search