coil over question - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
coil over question
Tuesday, March 06, 2012 7:14 PM
okay so my car already had coil overs but the struts are shot. im not sure exactly what type they are the paint is kinda wore off. but back to my question i wanted to ask can you use any type of strut or is there spacific ones for coil overs. i read the FAQ post but i would just like a straight forth answer from someone now since the post is old. thanks

Re: coil over question
Tuesday, March 06, 2012 9:26 PM
Pictures, to determine what kind of struts / coilovers you have, would help a lot.

I'll assume that they are Ground control coilovers. You'll need either Koni, Tokico, or KYB (I think?) struts for the coils to work properly. I know for sure the Tokicos will need some modification for them to work, not 100% sure on the others though.

Read through the suspension FAQ again, there is a lot of good information to soak in.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 6:23 AM
The post may be old, but the information really hasn't changed much. But as Twenty4z said, posting pictures will help get them identified.

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 6:48 PM
i can post pics but i dont know how to on here lol thier red if that helps but no name i dont think i really didnt look super hard ill post back tomarrow if i find a name. if someone could tell me how to post pics on here that would help to lol
Thursday, March 08, 2012 6:41 AM
If the struts are red, they're possibly Koni Reds.... which you'll have an extremely hard time finding. Upgrade those to some Koni Yellows

If the springs are red along with the coilover sleeve, those would be Ground Control coilovers. Meaning you're in luck. If they're blue and silver, you got some crappy ebay special.

To post a picture, you need to upload them to an image hosting website (Photobucket) then copy the IMG code ( [ IMG ] LOOKS LIKE THIS [ /IMG ] without the spaces) and paste it here.

Ground control coilovers

Koni Red

Ebay coilover sleeves

Thoses aren't my pictures, just some random ones I found on photobucket to give you an idea of what I think you may have.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Thursday, March 08, 2012 7:48 AM
thet actual strut itself are silver but the coilover is red the whole thing
Friday, March 09, 2012 4:56 PM
the bottom peice of the coil over is red then the sleeve is coverd by a rubber boot
Friday, March 09, 2012 5:17 PM
trevor fye wrote:thet actual strut itself are silver but the coilover is red the whole thing

silver struts usually indicate GR2s, which cannot handle a drop.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, March 10, 2012 7:42 AM
im not sure what they are my drop is like 3 inches and my struts clunk around and ride like !@#$.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search