I'm stumped on this noise - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I'm stumped on this noise
Thursday, March 08, 2012 5:03 PM
Hey guys, need some help before I go crazy...Here is the low down first, my 02 cavy has 82000KM and I've done most of the front end(all in the last 6 months because they were due)... the shocks, top plates(strut mounts) front pads and disks, end links, front wheels bearings both sides are all changed and with good quality parts(MOOG, Monroe, AC Delco, etc) now I have this popping almost a small clunk noise when going over small bumps and when braking (but not all the time) now I have checked the ball joints and tie rods and they are all good...CV's look fine and no clicking noises or leaking grease. Car does not shake or vibrate, bounce nothing at high or low speeds..At idle no shaking from the motor. I am thinking lower control arm bushings but I wanna be sure..the sound is on both sides(more the driver than passenger) I really am fed up and I'm at the point of just changing out the rest of the front end parts so they are all new.

Re: I'm stumped on this noise
Thursday, March 08, 2012 7:48 PM
check the rear control arm bushing see if its separating or if the control arm rests on the subframe if it is then there shot

JBO since July 30, 2001
Re: I'm stumped on this noise
Monday, March 12, 2012 10:03 PM
what sounds like its coming from one area may not be at all...i would have sworn my title on my car that the noise i heard during launch (a thump, like a very loose endlink having play in it) was the front driver side, so i kept thinking 'tranny mounts'! nothing else was loose.
i changed my lower motor mount (TTR) and it hasnt been back since...(if you dont know, thats the passenger side, and my stock one didnt even look damaged!)...have someone else drive it and give you their .02..they may catch something you didnt

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search