anti roll bars - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
anti roll bars
Sunday, March 11, 2012 6:06 AM
Wheres the best place to pick up some anti roll bars or sway bars for an 03 cavalier?

2.2 ecotec (stock internals) typhoon k&n in take 2 inch drop springs

Re: anti roll bars
Sunday, March 11, 2012 6:40 AM
Unless you can get a good deal on a used bar with good hardware, I would suggest, at least for the rear, going with www.carcustoms.net, www.allecotec.com, or even EBay..

The front won't be near as noticible of a difference unless you don't have a sway bar from the factory. The rear will make a huge difference regardless of if you have the factory bar in the rear torsion beam or not.

The front bars from newer 03+ FE2 suspension models are 24MM, so if you can find one of these in a junkyard, pull it and the D-bushing clamps from the subframe. Replace the end links and bushings with polyurethane ones, and you'll have an excellent upgrade for cheap. Considering most aftermarket front bars are around an inch or so (25mm) you'll have close to the same performance as well.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:32 AM
Whats an fe2?

Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:58 AM
GM had a few different suspension codes on the J-bodies. (Actually they use similar codes for most of their cars, even today). Easiest way to tell is look at the RPO label on the bottom of the spare tire cover and look for the corresponding code.

Base models had a suspension code of FE0. Either very small (18mm) or no front sway bar, and no rear sway bar.

Mid level cars. (Cavalier LS, RS, Sunfire SE) had the FE1 suspension. Depending on year, 18 or 19MM front sway bar. No rear sway bar.

High level cars (LS Sport, Z24, Sunfire GT) had an FE2 suspension, with integrated rear sway bar and larger front bar, 22 or 24MM diameter depending on model year.

Sunday, March 11, 2012 10:28 AM
Thats awesome cuz I have 2 gt sunfires and 3 z24's in my local pull a part

Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:42 PM
Unless you want to change your rear end you wont be able to put the factory style rear one on. Its a welded bar inside the axle and doesn't do nearly as much as a Addco or Eibach bolt ons do. Look in the classifieds and you will probably find one sooner or later. I got a set of front and rear Addcos for $145 shipped in the classifeds for my one cavy and just bought another used set for my vert for $200 shipped. Or you can but a new rear for like $170 iirc.

Sunday, March 11, 2012 5:49 PM
Just remember that the 2003-05 FE2 Sunfires retained the F22m/ R18mm bars, according to GM.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, March 12, 2012 9:39 PM
I looked today when I was changing the o2 sensor that it does have a front but certainly doea not have a rear

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:56 AM
Even if it had a rear you wouldn't recognize it unless you knew what to look for. Its a bar welded inside the rear arm.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:35 PM
For reference, a rear axle with integrated "sway bar" (Thanks Misnblu!!!)

Saturday, March 17, 2012 4:27 AM
Roofy wrote:
The front won't be near as noticible of a difference unless you don't have a sway bar from the factory. The rear will make a huge difference regardless of if you have the factory bar in the rear torsion beam or not.

Im going to have to disagree. My 24.5mm Addco front bar made a more noticeable difference than my trailing arm stiffener Progress rear bar.

Error: Sig not found.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search