New struts/shocks? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New struts/shocks?
Saturday, March 10, 2012 4:17 PM
About to install Eibach sportlines on a 63000 mile sunfire. Should I get new struts and shocks? If so, which ones? I really do not want to spend anymore money than I already have, the car is taken care of, can I use the stock struts/shocks? Also, will the new 17x7" rims with 225/45r17 fit the wheel wells? The rims have a 40 mm offset. All posts will be greatly appreciated.

Re: New struts/shocks?
Saturday, March 10, 2012 5:11 PM
As for the rims I am running the same offset on a 215 setup and have plenty of room so clearance should not be a issue
Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:06 PM
Read the suspension FAQ. You should NEVER EVER EVER EVER under any circumstance WHAT SO EVER use stock struts/shocks with lowering springs... EVER! EVERRRR
Check out Koni or Tokico. Yes, they are "expensive", but would you rather go thru struts every 3 months, with the possibility of killing yourself / motorists around you? I hope not.

You should be fine with the wheels/tires.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Saturday, March 10, 2012 6:07 PM
Do NOT put sportlines on a stock set up. With that much of a drop you will need to get some Tokico D-specs. You might see a set pop in in the classifieds or your regional forums if you dont have the$ to get them new.
Sunday, March 11, 2012 12:34 AM
Yes I looked around, although I just wanted to make sure, cause I really dont want to get new struts.. And what about the shocks? And as stupid as it may sound, I didnt the suspension facts for lowering.. :O
Sunday, March 11, 2012 1:30 AM
Struts = shocks.

Error: Sig not found.

Sunday, March 11, 2012 6:49 AM
Lol thats what I thought until I found koni yellows on amazon and there was a note near the center of the page: Koni Shocks sold seperately. What? Also, What could happen if I left my stock struts on with the lowered springs? Excessive wheel hop? Is that all? Haha I really dont want to buy shocks..
Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:05 AM
As mentioned above, read the FAQs.

What will happen is you will blow out your shocks within three months easy, most likely sooner. Just do right the the first time before you wind up removing your self from the gene pool.

Btw here's the FAQ.

______
Inochi
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search