Cable won't release from handle - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cable won't release from handle
Thursday, March 15, 2012 3:36 PM
I had to get a new cable the OP messed it up good trying it "fix" it, I think they drank a case while doing it. anyway, I have everything disconnected except the cable end at the handle. I can't get the part of the mechanism where the bead is to show so I can snake it out of there. I released the the lock mechanism, so I could rotate the inner gear, that gets me almost there. I need maybe another inch so I can get it out. the clock spring is completely flat against itself. and thats if I'm holding it in place. I have taken everything that I can apart short of cutting metal or drilling rivets I think. this is all I need to get fixed so I can pass inspection.

Re: Cable won't release from handle
Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:55 PM
I got that blasted cable out I think I'm going to mount it on the wall like a deer head! I may have broken something in the handle when I did, something let loose and I was able to snake it out with ease.

Friday, March 16, 2012 11:46 PM
Anyone know if there is a reset for handles clock spring, I can't get the handle to ratchet the mechanism.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 7:15 AM
Cinny wrote:Anyone know if there is a reset for handles clock spring, I can't get the handle to ratchet the mechanism.

i'm trying to figure out the same thing. i've tried rewrapping it but i can't get it back to the original point to reset the tension.

this is the start of my signature: have you read the RULES yet?
my carDomain updated 6/11/10 Forged and Supercharged

Sunday, March 18, 2012 2:38 PM
I'm interested in this as well. When I swapped from the 99 to a 01+ ebrake handle I could never vet it to work again. My next thought was to go pull the handle and cable as one.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 4:18 PM
I ended up with a new handle, it was impossible to get the spring back around so you could get the cable back in.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:15 PM
Cinny wrote:I ended up with a new handle, it was impossible to get the spring back around so you could get the cable back in.

where'd you get it from?

this is the start of my signature: have you read the RULES yet?
my carDomain updated 6/11/10 Forged and Supercharged

Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:52 PM
GM Parts direct, 22628963 LEVER $48.12

Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:02 PM
it is a pain the a$# but tool me about 30 minutes. you just have to jimmy the clock spring around till it is re-spun. I use vise grips and a screw driver to get it re-spun. works fine now ..

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search