dropzone struts and slip on coilovers - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: dropzone struts and slip on coilovers
Sunday, January 23, 2011 9:05 PM
no i have the strut/spring combo. no coilovers here.

Sunday, January 23, 2011 9:35 PM
dropzone's are rebadged oem struts. u might as well buy some monroe's and throw some lowering springs on them. seriously.

Monday, January 24, 2011 6:35 AM
well damn those stock struts sure as hell ride alot better than my factory struts did. i heard that a couple times and its all from people who have never even touched a dropzone product, proof is where its at and i dont see any nor have i. i have proof along with anyone else been in my car with them, they ride good, not great, but also not bouncy or sloppy, def handled better. now back on stock setup yea its a big difference. and i had em on my car for a while.

Monday, January 24, 2011 11:17 AM
well it's a miracle then, because everyone else but you that's put them on their car know's they're garbage.

you really think they could come up with a decent lowering strut of any kind and mass produce them for less than 300 dollars?

Monday, January 24, 2011 11:30 AM
i dont believe in miracles. again where someone who trash talks them who is on jbody who actually has pics an dvids of them installed on there car and after being installed properly? so far im the only one,so again hre is fact, you are just following the crowd in talking down on them. nice. did you do that in grade school too? ahhh,i c, you were one of the kids following around the other ones yelling fagg*t at one poor kid becuase you thought youd be cool if you joined in right?? lets hear it from some people who have pics of them installed before and after and during and know how te product actually is.

Monday, January 24, 2011 11:31 AM
if i were to ever drop a cav again itd be on the tokico hp blue set. becuase these were too low. it looked good but not super practical to be that low

Monday, January 24, 2011 11:56 AM
u were the one the other day that didn't know the difference between an ebay rear strut bar and a vibrant rear strut bar, so back the fuc king truck up before you get all personal about this retard.

if i hear from several, several knowledgeable and long time members on here that a certain strut or any kind of part for that matter is a p.o.s. that's sounds too good to be true, and then hear from you, that for the price they're fine, guess who's advice i'm going to stick with?

no one's got a dvd of installing their struts, and their have been horror stories about the dropzone struts, if you'd really like i'd be happy to dig the threads up for you.

Monday, January 24, 2011 12:13 PM
DJ Beefy wrote:i dont believe in miracles. again where someone who trash talks them who is on jbody who actually has pics an dvids of them installed on there car and after being installed properly? so far im the only one,so again hre is fact, you are just following the crowd in talking down on them. nice. did you do that in grade school too? ahhh,i c, you were one of the kids following around the other ones yelling fagg*t at one poor kid becuase you thought youd be cool if you joined in right?? lets hear it from some people who have pics of them installed before and after and during and know how te product actually is.

there ya go bud, you wanted actual accounts look at the first 4 threads in this forum. two minutes on the search function and i found more than enough people who have used them saying they're garbage to keep me away.

Monday, January 24, 2011 12:16 PM
I had them.

They are junk springs and oem shocks.

Quit fooling yourself and buy proper @!#$.

Monday, January 24, 2011 12:50 PM
Being a long time member and seeing what is going on. A member a long time ago bought the combo and verified info. He compared an OEM replacement to the Drop zone strut and found the same marking numbers and "Made in Brazil". This was a long time a go.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, January 24, 2011 12:55 PM
a testimony with no pics what? oh yea thats what they few who claimed to have them have had to present. all my pics with dropzones prove how they do not sit at stock ride height or even close, and i have hundreds of bfore dropzone setup, during and after of my car. def sits way lower, and the rear stays even with how much the front drops, infact i have pics with measuring tape of front and rear before and after and now that it has new oem setup installed. about vibrant, i asked if anyone knows if anyone still sells them becuase without spending a ridiculous amount of time i could not find them online and also said i did not fel a difference with my ebay front one regardless if its same or different than a vibrant bar.

and these dropzones have never given me any troubles, no excessive noise, bounce, misalignment, or struts tearing up and flyng through my hood or trunk or my car magcally flipping over on a corner or going over a bump and they bounce so hard my head hits the headliner or any of the stated, im wondering if any of the others did a proper install or used old mounts, bolts, and no rubber on the spring perches? probably all of the above and upside down springs or putting the front on the rear and the other way around?

here are some pics, omg my car sat SO uneven!! oh my!

Rear Before....

Rear after...

front before.....

front after....

those 4 before and after pics were taken the day it was dropped o it was obviously not settled yet, but you can see the difference from before to after and between the front and rear.

the point im getting at is dont try to tell some one if something is good or not if you have never used the product or have any proof of it. probablya thread you should say oh wow i have nothing to do with this because i have no actual idea. nah that would make too much sense. damn.

Monday, January 24, 2011 12:57 PM
Mylife75 (ajose) wrote:Being a long time member and seeing what is going on. A member a long time ago bought the combo and verified info. He compared an OEM replacement to the Drop zone strut and found the same marking numbers and "Made in Brazil". This was a long time a go.

ah, ok. well maybe they have since changed their product since then? it could of happened, becuase all3 sets of oem struts i have bee through are nothing like the dropzones i had and i currently have two 3rd gen j's sitting here both sedan base models both oem setup on them currently.

Monday, January 24, 2011 12:59 PM
blucavvy wrote:well it's a miracle then, because everyone else but you that's put them on their car know's they're garbage.

you really think they could come up with a decent lowering strut of any kind and mass produce them for less than 300 dollars?

and this the same can be said for the strut bar you mentioned earlier about, even though you completely crossed what i had asked, how can a company come up with a strut bar for 14.99 with free shipping and mass produce them if it isnt goint to make your strut towers cave in?? or the same fo any other part that cost less ie: intake, header etc..

Monday, January 24, 2011 1:01 PM
oh, and i sill would NOT touch there coilovers, then again i would not touch any coilovers. but i have never ridden in a car with them or worked on one with them or used them so IDK really, i just dont dig coil overs.

Monday, January 24, 2011 1:13 PM
May be they have changed. It just does not make sense you can purchase and them at the price. Every lowering kit regardless of car for a really decent set cost way more than $300. I have ridden in so many car including Dropzone on another car and the ride was not that great.

My question is how long have you had those installed? A long time ago one guy like you said it was an awesome ride (just after he installed them) he came back a year later and was against it because the struts eventually blew. I know personally what is was like to say my car drove great on OEM strut and a lower kits. Young and dumb till I got Koni's and ground control with a custom spring rate. Man that rode better than most spring combos.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, January 24, 2011 1:18 PM
wow, when i bought them even though i didnt buy mine on ebay, they were running $499 on ebay when i looked back then, this being around 2 years ago and mine are white not black and with red springs. and the current ebaylisting says and springs but only shows the struts. weird.

Monday, January 24, 2011 1:26 PM
DJ Beefy wrote:oh, and i sill would NOT touch there coilovers, then again i would not touch any coilovers. but i have never ridden in a car with them or worked on one with them or used them so IDK really, i just dont dig coil overs.

And that is why you "dont dig coil-overs". One ride in a cav with Tein SSs and i was sold. GCs and Koni reds are also amazing.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Monday, January 24, 2011 3:04 PM
Koni are my fav, its what i had before I sold my car

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:22 PM
i have a Z24 with Tein basics, and a 04 with Koni struts Eiback springs just stuff i had left over with Dropzone sleeves, (the height adjuster) and it rides pretty decent never had any problem with the sleeves but then again its not a full DropZone set up, but i would deff have to say i would ride Tein basic's all day over almost anything you can't go wrong with Tein's, but that's just one man's opinion,

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:51 PM
It's March.

of 2012.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:17 PM
A....aam I... Late f f....or the free donuts?? Lol I never was the brightest crayon in the box not to mention I'm always late

Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:54 AM
wow lol @ michael.. and yea i still havnt had any problems with any of my dropzone components.

Thursday, March 15, 2012 4:48 PM
the sleeves are pretty well made from what i could tell, I'm not going to knock on a product until i try it but thus far sleeve's are good i used them on some stockers for a while and didnt have any problems although to make them fit i had to chop off the boot on the stock strut

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search