subframe - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
subframe
Saturday, March 17, 2012 5:06 PM
howdie doodle, have a question probably should be in the wanted ads but also have a question pertaining to suspension I have a 04 and I wrecked it a few years ago never really worried about it but on my passenger side i hit a ditch on my passenger side and it pushed everything on my passenger side back so i changed most of the parts on the passenger & driver side suspension just to be safe rack and pinion ass, both control arms, cv axles, mounts, ect. and it still didnt fix the problem its not bad enough to make it rub but you can tell that it is pushed back it just looks takey, so the only thing else that i could think of that i would need to change would be the subframe?? so should i look into replacing it, i have looked every were and really have had no luck, anyone know were i could find a new one instead of going to a junk yard and pulling a old one which is what i would really want to try and avoid.

Re: subframe
Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:30 PM
im sure the dealer could get you a new one, but honestly theres nothing wrong with a used one .
Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:50 PM
yeh just worried if i do get a new one install it and still not be the problem

Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:56 PM
Take it to a body shop. I'm sure they can check it out for not too much money
Sunday, March 18, 2012 8:15 AM
I pulled a junkyard subframe, had it powder coated, and tossed it on the cav. It wasnt hard at all and aside from alittle pitting from the rust, it looks brand new.

Error: Sig not found.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search