GC + D-spec + OEM mounts HELP!!! - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GC + D-spec + OEM mounts HELP!!!
Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:04 AM
The car: 2001 Cavy z24 Auto

I've got Ground control coilover sleeves paired with Tokico D-spec struts ready to get installed onto the car. I also picked up a set of Overkill Camber mounts and am having a hard time figuring out how to piece everything together. I've never done suspension, let alone coilovers and the fact that everything is aftermarket makes it confusing.

Here is how I have the fronts put together:

The order is:
Cap for the D-spec adjuster
Nut (Provided by tokico)
Washer (Provided by tokico)
OEM camber mount
OEM adapter
small washer (Provided by GC)
Bearing washer thing (Provided by GC)
small washer (Provided by GC)
Top Hat (Provided by GC)
Spring
Sleeve
"D" shaped washer to hold the sleeve
Strut

Assembled:

The top:

There's no room for articulation because the washer and nut are too large... unless it's supposed to be like that?

Here's how I have the rears:

The order is:
Cap for the D-spec adjuster
Nut (Provided by tokico)
Nut (Provided by tokico)
OEM mount
Washer (provided by GC)
Spring
Sleeve
Strut

Assembled:

and the top:

The two nuts on the top don't actually hold the mount in place, the shaft isn't threaded far enough down.
There's nothing to actually hold the spring in place, am I supposed to use something from the old mounts?

I've searched, and searched, and searched. I can't find any GOOD info on how these are supposed to be put together. This is actually one of the first projects I've ever done, I'm a noob when it comes to this kind of stuff, hahaha.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!

Oh and sorry about the crappy pictures.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Re: GC + D-spec + OEM mounts HELP!!!
Friday, March 16, 2012 9:13 PM
I'm starting to think the fronts are good, but the rears will need some kind of a spacer made to bring the mount up more.
Can ANYONE chime in with something? I need help.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 11:21 AM
The washer on top of the spherical bearing in front needs to go. Nothing should be touching the outer race there.

The rear has no upper perch? There should be some sort of perch similar to the front.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 10:52 PM
So the washer and/or nut should be sitting directly on top of the spherical bearing?

As for the rears I'm confused. They came that way directly from OEM knowing what they were going to be used for. I'll have to compare them to what stock ones look like to get an idea of what needs to be done.

Thanks!

Sunday, March 18, 2012 2:30 PM
Right. The spherical bearing needs to be able to rotate. It looks almost like the nut is too big too. Nothing on the shaft itself (nut or washer) should touch the outer race.

If the spring fits around the lower portion of the mount, that would be the perch, but from your picture it doesn't look like it does.

Monday, March 19, 2012 7:28 AM
Awesome, that's what I thought but had no idea. Yeah the nut is also too big, I'll just get a collar big enough to make it work.

The rear spring fits around the lower portion, I just need to find a collar for the top so I can tighten it down.

Thanks for the help!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search