Installing AGX-KYB Struts/shocks - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Installing AGX-KYB Struts/shocks
Sunday, March 18, 2012 6:19 AM
Okay, I got my adjustable KYB's for my 2000 Cavi. Anyone have any pointers or need to know info for installing? The install instructions are a little goofy, nothing written, just all these tiny pictures. What is the best way to compress the coils? One pic shows to use a dual c-clamp type of compressor rather than the traditional tooth style of coil compressors, Anyone know? Thanks in advance for any pointers....

Ipud wrote:We put Jap Traps on cinder blocks around here. We don't wave the American flag for novelty

I proudly own American cars, nothing else....

Re: Installing AGX-KYB Struts/shocks
Sunday, March 18, 2012 10:54 AM
congratulations! looking forward to learning what it takes.
dennis
Sunday, March 18, 2012 12:33 PM
Whole strut replacement....

And replacing/removing coil springs.

You're welcome.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, March 18, 2012 2:35 PM
Chances are if you are installing.g a drop spring.g you won't need to utilize a spring.g compressor. I didn't have to with either set for the Cav I've had or the set I put on my altima.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Sunday, March 18, 2012 4:05 PM
^^^ Just re-using the factory springs....

Ipud wrote:We put Jap Traps on cinder blocks around here. We don't wave the American flag for novelty

Monday, March 19, 2012 2:05 PM
Thanks Roofy for the vids. I noticed they were using the traditional coil compressors. Is that ok with our Cavi's? Here is what I mean...Sorry for the blurry pic, it's the best I could focus on these ridiculously tiny instruction pictures...You'll see the coil compressor type they want you to use is circled, center of pic. some type of c-shaped gizmo. I'm not familiar with that type. The X is thru the traditional type of tooth compressor. What gives??

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 12:49 AM
Traditional compressors (like the ones you can rent at the local auto parts store) will work just fine.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 3:03 PM
^^^ Thanks Cardain, Thats the answer I needed. Sorry for that question, the instructions just don't seem right....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search