Sway bar attachement to control arm - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sway bar attachement to control arm
Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:50 PM
Alright, so i have a 96 or 97 Cavalier that i race with the 2.2 OHV and Auto, not sure if any of that effects this topic but put it anyway.

I broke a control arm on my dirt track car and i'm currently in the middle of replacing it and noticed that the sway bar is not actually attached to the control arm, it's just floating above it. I'm wondering if/how this is actually supposed to be attached... i can see there's a hole very close to where the sway bar is but i can't quite see a way how it's attached and i'm not sure why it wouldn't be attached to begin with.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

96 2.2L, #66 on the dirt track

Re: Sway bar attachement to control arm
Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:57 PM
A little extra, I'm wondering if it's possible that the bolt that attaches the sway bar was longer and snapped off when i broke the control arm and it bent back until the wheel hit the fender.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 3:02 PM
yep, the sway bar link is essentially just a long bolt with a sleeve, four washers and four bushings.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:47 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:yep, the sway bar link is essentially just a long bolt with a sleeve, four washers and four bushings.

Definitely broke then, as i got looking at it and it's only got 2 bushings where it attaches to the sway bar itself... i've got 3 parts cars so i don't thing finding one should be an issue.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search