Best Full Coil-Over Kit - Page 3 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Best Full Coil-Over Kit
Thursday, April 26, 2012 8:31 AM
If the bc's stand up to everyday driving it will definitely be a better deal to use them and get some solid mounts from OEM. That's like a $500 difference for basically the same setup.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:50 AM
Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:47 AM
Ruben Torres wrote:this is the website i ordered them from they seem to have lowered the price on them so they are just about the same price for teins
http://www.flushstance.com/bcracing-coilovers/chevrolet/

I did not know BC had coilovers for our cars until now...LOL!!

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Thursday, April 26, 2012 12:28 PM
Yeah when I asked bc if they made coilovers for the cavalier they responded in a suprised tone they told me its not a very common order so it needed to be made in taiwan but they went ahead and made them for me

Thursday, April 26, 2012 1:15 PM
so do they have dual height adjustment like the stds?

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Thursday, April 26, 2012 2:21 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:so do they have dual height adjustment like the stds?

sounds like limited dual height if Im getting his explanation correct. You can only go so low before you lose travel with them is what im gathering. Which considering how low that all the Tien and STD go, not sure why you would even want to go any lower.

Brad, if you want the more options, STDs are your goal, Plastidip them, and that fixes your color issue. Or get the BC and like said go to OEM and see if they can make a rear pillowball mount for them. Those are your best bets.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 2:29 PM
yea at this point im honestly not sure what i wanna do. $1800 is a chunk of change.. and well, so is $1000 so its a bit hard to even nail down that kind of money. ill be saving for awhile im sure lol

but really, the coilovers are one of the very last items i need to get whitey back down on the wheels so its getting closer.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Thursday, April 26, 2012 3:23 PM
Idk about the dual height I took a shot buying bc and they have not dissapointed as far as travel the bc don't loose the travel when they go lower I said that my friend with ksports do loose travel

Thursday, April 26, 2012 4:27 PM
Yes they are dual adjustment. Just like the std's.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:13 PM
I saw some decent reviews on the BC's an subaru's and some other cars for the occasional trck day and dd use and most people thought they were a good deal. I'll have to search some more on them as I might consider them when it's time for another suspension on the cav.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:36 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:yea at this point im honestly not sure what i wanna do. $1800 is a chunk of change.. and well, so is $1000 so its a bit hard to even nail down that kind of money. ill be saving for awhile im sure lol

but really, the coilovers are one of the very last items i need to get whitey back down on the wheels so its getting closer.

why dont you just go and get some B&G coilovers and buy some OEM solid/camber plates? these are black and gunmetal. its what i had on my droptop.. major low and no loss of travel. yes dual heigh adjustable.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:37 PM
any idea on what the spring rates are on the BC's or the B&G's?

Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:57 PM
for BC you need to email Dan at flushstance.com and specify what spring rate you want

Thursday, May 24, 2012 2:50 AM
StatiCav (AznCav) wrote:
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:yea at this point im honestly not sure what i wanna do. $1800 is a chunk of change.. and well, so is $1000 so its a bit hard to even nail down that kind of money. ill be saving for awhile im sure lol

why dont you just go and get some B&G coilovers and buy some OEM solid/camber plates? these are black and gunmetal. its what i had on my droptop.. major low and no loss of travel. yes dual heigh adjustable.

Absolutely amazing combo...super stiff, to nice and cushy. Excellent handling characteristics all around. Have had my B&G's + OEM plates on for about 2 years now, and I will never regret the investment

Also, I'm lowered to just barely tucking the top 3/8" of my tires on the front (225/45/17)...still have full travel and only rub on the last 1/4 turn of full lock to the left (moving the subframe soon...right after the toyo fenders + eibach front swaybar + extra 1/2" drop up front happen). In the rear I'm lowered to the point of having about 1/8" of tire tucked.

No issues or complaints at all.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search