FEELER for my complete Wilwood setup - Page 2 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: FEELER for my complete Wilwood setup
Wednesday, April 04, 2012 7:58 PM
I thought the Barr rears were also vette rotors or was that just the old kits from around 05?

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 9:16 PM
EvoFire (Wilwoods on all 4) wrote:the rotors were a 13 inch rotor made by baer....same rotor front and rear.

incorrect. i have owned both kits (i know, wtf, right? ) the rear is smaller than the front.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Thursday, April 05, 2012 8:52 AM
EvoFire (Wilwoods on all 4) wrote:im not against the SSBC. just havent looked into them. send me pics of yours

My car is downtown currently and I don't have any pics on my phone. Ill grab some tomorrow and get them to you

Thursday, April 05, 2012 4:08 PM
Ecotec power, what do you mean better fronts?
Thursday, April 05, 2012 4:18 PM
heres my thing with both the SSBC kit and the BAER kit, VS the Wilwood kit for the rear of our cars.

The rear calipers and pads for the SSBC and Baer kits are calipers and pads from other cars. The Baers came from a camaro, and the SSBC came from a turbo Tbird. So it would be easier to work on. I wouldnt have to order the stuff 2-3 weeks ahead of time and blah blah blah.

But my Wilwood kit IS THE ONLY ONE! While the bracketry cannot be had over the counter from a parts store, I still have access to the rotors and pads via the internet, or a call to Wilwood.

Thursday, April 05, 2012 9:34 PM
Friday, April 06, 2012 6:49 AM
Dave De Stefano wrote:Ecotec power, what do you mean better fronts?

The normal ssbc fronts are kind of odd looking (In my opinion ), my fronts are off of a GM touring show car. There's only one other car on here that has them that I know of. Ill post pics up this afternoon or evening.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 1:13 PM
ecotecpower wrote:
EvoFire (Wilwoods on all 4) wrote:im not against the SSBC. just havent looked into them. send me pics of yours

My car is downtown currently and I don't have any pics on my phone. Ill grab some tomorrow and get them to you

guess you were not to serious about this huh? looks like you are trying to sell the car now?

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:27 PM
dont worry bud im still standing screamin @!#$ the free world.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:34 PM
brad, you help me come up with a rear kit, and i think about letting just my rear kit go.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:25 AM
what kind of pads are available for the Wilwoods?

my main concern would be the availability of a decent track pad (hawk, etc) for the Wilwood setup. I'm not concerned about waiting for parts as my car is not my daily.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 12:12 PM
Wilwood has a full spectrum of brakes available from full race to full street, to the best of both worlds which is what i currently run. I think they are the bp-10's they are awesome. i got 45k out of them with very hard very aggresive driving and stopping! the best part is, the pads on my front right now are only 50 bucks for the axle set. If someone is indeed interested in this swap, i would of course include the book I have that has all the part numbers for both kits, and list everything that is interchangable with it.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 3:18 PM
Thursday, April 12, 2012 3:20 PM
You just have to know who to talk to at Baer to make things happen The front and rear rotors are completely different offsets and diameter. They don't "stock" the J stuff anymore but trust me with a couple day turn around it's made. Your best bet is to go up there and talk to them, same as I do.

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Thursday, April 12, 2012 3:39 PM
CaliforniaDomestics wrote:You just have to know who to talk to at Baer to make things happen The front and rear rotors are completely different offsets and diameter. They don't "stock" the J stuff anymore but trust me with a couple day turn around it's made. Your best bet is to go up there and talk to them, same as I do.

yup i have talked to Chuck and Rick now, and both were very helpful. If this does happen, I will be able to get the rotors!

Thursday, April 12, 2012 4:52 PM
Rick is the man you need to keep in your Rolodex

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Thursday, April 12, 2012 4:53 PM
yeah he was a cool dude to talk to!

Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:50 PM
My rear bear rotors are tore up, what's a good number to get ahold of rick?

Friday, April 13, 2012 10:01 AM
Lol just called baer and rear rotors are $178 a piece, think I will rock my rusted ones a bit longer.

Sunday, April 15, 2012 8:12 PM
EvoFire (Wilwoods on all 4) wrote:
ecotecpower wrote:

guess you were not to serious about this huh? looks like you are trying to sell the car now?

Hey yeah sorry, I ended up finding the G35 im going to buy sooner than I expected.

Monday, April 16, 2012 2:30 PM
so let me make this 100% perfectly clear again.

The only way i will get rid of these, is if there is an offer for enough cash for me to replace them with similar or better, or a swap for similar or better in the same condition!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search