cutting springs - Page 4 - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: cutting springs
Sunday, March 25, 2012 2:09 PM
@!#$ it... fire up the torch and heat the springs. drop it like its hot... pun intended.

jesse james did it... must be all right.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 4:08 AM
I'm glad I dont get all heated and argue with internet people anymore I have been seeing old threads pop up and see old posts from myself in it like I care what other people do haha.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:52 AM
Fug it just take the springs off and weld the strut rod to the strut tube at the desired height. True static.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 5:08 PM
TheSundownFire wrote:Fug it just take the springs off and weld the strut rod to the strut tube at the desired height. True static.

This!

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:32 PM
Im not liable if someone trys that either. I know theres some idiots out there that will think Im serious.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:03 PM
TheSundownFire wrote:Im not liable if someone trys that either. I know theres some idiots out there that will think Im serious.

i did it on all four corners. rode liek it was on air. HIGHLY recommended.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, March 30, 2012 6:47 AM
i havent read all 4 pages of this but go ahead and cut away. I did this years ago before i had air ride on my ol cavalier cuz the lowering springs didnt drop enuf for me. I ended up cutting 2 1/2 coils out and im still "alive" i dont recall the ride being much different. Stop bein pussys n cut that @!#$ up
Friday, March 30, 2012 7:52 AM
Corey Dorman wrote:i havent read all 4 pages of this but go ahead and cut away. I did this years ago before i had air ride on my ol cavalier cuz the lowering springs didnt drop enuf for me. I ended up cutting 2 1/2 coils out and im still "alive" i dont recall the ride being much different. Stop bein pussys n cut that @!#$ up

I can assure you the ride was #%^*

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Thursday, April 05, 2012 12:58 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:@!#$ it... fire up the torch and heat the springs. drop it like its hot... pun intended.

^^^ u got to it before i did lol.
heres a better idea, it installs in seconds, can easily be changed back to stock, AND doesnt cost a whole lot. Just go buy a bunch of softener salt, load up your car till shes bottomed out and you'll be out bustin struts in no time.
Thursday, April 05, 2012 2:05 PM
I made the mistake and let my buddy (honda owner) talk me into doing mine and honestly it looked and had a decent ride for......about 6 months now with 4 new struts and 4 new tires later i would say just save ur money and do it the right way...you will be alot happier in the end....jbodies just dont do well with cut springs

Saturday, April 14, 2012 5:08 PM
Listen guys. I cut the springs on my car and it added 200 HP. I do a quarter mile in 7 seconds on a wheelie with flames pouring out of my exhaust so hard I melt the pavement. Not to mention I now get 84MPG in the city.

But seriously, I wouldn't cut my springs, it doesn't seem worth it. Besides, I'm riding on steelies anyway with a sagging and rusted exhaust, why do I need a lower drop with less ground clearance?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search