Bottom out prevention - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bottom out prevention
Saturday, April 14, 2012 6:45 PM
Not sure if its the offset of my rims (7.5@.45) or something else, but my from rims are even with the outside of the fender. I have about 2" that the wheel can travel before it would hit the fender. I bumped out the rear wheels so they were even as well for an overall balanced look. turned out pretty good and I like the look. All 4 wheels are now even with the body instead of just the fronts. So anyone know how far the stock suspension dropped on sportline springs can travel? Can it even exceed the 2" of room I have? If it can, what are the options for limiting the amount the struts/springs can compress so nothing hits?

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Re: Bottom out prevention
Saturday, April 14, 2012 8:59 PM
post pictures of your car. unless your running spacers in front. i dont see how your wheels can be even with your fenders with a 7.5 wide wheel and a 45mm offset. with those specs your wheels would still be well within the fenders in front. could be possible your offset is much lower.

Saturday, April 14, 2012 9:05 PM
I'm on sportlines with flush wheels. never hit my fender. and thats on 235/45/17s. you will be fine
Saturday, April 14, 2012 9:30 PM
i just changed my name wrote:I'm on sportlines with flush wheels. never hit my fender. and thats on 235/45/17s. you will be fine

interesting... show some pics

Sunday, April 15, 2012 3:59 AM
I just changed my name- are yours flush in the rear too?

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Thursday, May 03, 2012 12:55 AM
I will put up some pix in a couple weeks once i pull it out of storage for the summer. Its not hella flush by any means but i have 1/2" Saturn disc brackets so with my offset (which i dont know) and the wide tires it looks really flush. I will say though if i crank the wheel all the way and accelerate with significant speed the tires rub on the guard on the strut. So i just dont do that, but its really not that big of a deal anyhow
Thursday, May 03, 2012 4:12 AM
Thursday, May 03, 2012 7:47 AM
If I'm not mistaken, your profile info says you're on sensa-trac trak struts...... (monroe?), which would be a big no no, especially on sportlines.
You need to find yourself some Koni Yellows or Tokico Blues/D-specs.
If you end up getting a set that are adjustable (and correct for lowering springs), you wouldn't have to worry about your tires getting shredded by your fenders.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Thursday, May 03, 2012 8:48 AM
Yeah, I know I should change them out. No issues with them so far and they're pretty old too. The car is hardly driven though and when it is, its main use is just running a few 1/4 mile passes or a short cruise. I've had the car on the road for a little while no and have hit all kinds of bumps at various speeds and never once bottomed the tire out into the lip of the fender, so I think it'll be fine.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Thursday, May 03, 2012 10:02 AM
simple roll and pull of the fenders will also allow you to not have to worry about limiting travel of the suspension.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search