Just leaving this here. Hub spacers with stock wheels, how to install type help too - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just leaving this here. Hub spacers with stock wheels, how to install type help too
Sunday, April 15, 2012 6:17 PM
Removed the 1/2" hub spacers on my car this weekend and installed my new 3/4" spacers to help get the stock wheels out just a tad more. pretty happy with the "flushness" i guess you can call it. No its not going to be lower then it is to rub the fenders. Just trying to poke the rear wheels out to be even with the front. This is on stock wheels with a +47 offset is why 3/4" spacers were used. on rims with a lower offset less spacer is needed obviously but i know quite a few were curious with stock wheels. Also included some lame install pictures for those not really know what to do to install them or how they install.
No spacers

Removed 1/2" spacer next to 3/4" spacer

after 3/4"s installed

Install help
Drum removed

Locate the 4 T55 bolts using the hub flange opening to get to them.

1/2" hub spacers on back of the backing plate of the hub that gets sandwiched between the axle and backing plate

Here you can kinda see the 1/2" spacer sandwiched between hub and axle, also notice the 4 nuts you need to put a wrench on in order to remove the torx bolts

Re: Just leaving this here. Hub spacers with stock wheels, how to install type help too
Sunday, April 15, 2012 8:09 PM
Nice, I am still debating making a set up, did you notice a differance corning/handling wise or just mostly for the "flush" look?

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Re: Just leaving this here. Hub spacers with stock wheels, how to install type help too
Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:57 PM
Nice pics--thanks, man! Any recommended torque settings you found when tightening back down the bolts/nuts?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search